Hormel Foods Releases 2007 CSR Report
Hormel Foods has released its 2007 Corporate Responsibility Report.
“The process of compiling information for this report has taught us a great deal, and we will continue to find ways to strengthen our commitment to our employees, customers, investors, the environment and animal welfare,” said Jeffrey M. Ettinger, chairman of the board, president and chief executive officer, Hormel Foods.
In the report, Hormel Foods establishes benchmarks for each of its 41 facilities. For example, Hormel Foods pledges to increase recycling of the total waste produced at facilities currently measured from 33 percent in fiscal year 2006 to 40 percent by November 2008.
Once benchmarks are established for all facilities, the company aims to increase recycling to 50 percent by November 2011.
Hormel’s Natural Choice line of prepackaged deli meats come in a brown paperboard package containing a sealed plastic inner pouch containing the meat.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners