Dot Hill Joins Two Green Groups
Dot Hill Systems announced it has joined the Green Grid and the Storage Networking Industry Associoation Green Storage Initiative, two organizations aimed at promoting “green” energy-efficient IT solutions. “Energy efficiency in the data center is one of the most significant issues facing technology providers and our customers today,” said Mike Jensen, chief information architect for Dot Hill Systems.
With these organizations, Dot Hill plans to collaborate with other companies on greener data management and storage systems. The company has already developed its EcoStor technology features, including its “green” battery-free alternative for cache memory.
Energy Manager News
- Getting Serious About Energy Metrics
- Honeywell Smart Building Technology Uses ‘Tablet-Like’ Visualization
- Micro Wind Turbines Top Intel Headquarters
- Neon LED Strip Light Prevents Dangers of Actual Neon Light
- Framingham Saves $380,000 per Year with ESPC
- FlexEnergy Commissions Multiple 250 KW Gas Turbines in Seoul
- Corporations Rally to Streamline Renewable Energy Procurement
- Solar Trees Provide Shade, Electricity, EV Charging