Dot Hill Joins Two Green Groups
Dot Hill Systems announced it has joined the Green Grid and the Storage Networking Industry Associoation Green Storage Initiative, two organizations aimed at promoting “green” energy-efficient IT solutions. “Energy efficiency in the data center is one of the most significant issues facing technology providers and our customers today,” said Mike Jensen, chief information architect for Dot Hill Systems.
With these organizations, Dot Hill plans to collaborate with other companies on greener data management and storage systems. The company has already developed its EcoStor technology features, including its “green” battery-free alternative for cache memory.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned