Dot Hill Joins Two Green Groups
Dot Hill Systems announced it has joined the Green Grid and the Storage Networking Industry Associoation Green Storage Initiative, two organizations aimed at promoting “green” energy-efficient IT solutions. “Energy efficiency in the data center is one of the most significant issues facing technology providers and our customers today,” said Mike Jensen, chief information architect for Dot Hill Systems.
With these organizations, Dot Hill plans to collaborate with other companies on greener data management and storage systems. The company has already developed its EcoStor technology features, including its “green” battery-free alternative for cache memory.
Energy Manager News
- Data Center Energy Savings: Start with the Servers
- Toyota Plant in Kentucky Rolls Out Bioenergy
- GE Launches Wind- and Turbine-Focused Business Unit
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending November 13
- NEMA: CT Retailers Should Charge Monthly Market-Based Rates
- MPUC to Issue Advisory Ruling on Two-Segment Fixed Rate Contracts
- MidAmerican Proposes to Recoup Costs by Billing Iowa Customers
- SCOTUS Asked to Nix All Extraterritorial State Energy Laws (Not Just Pricing)