Dot Hill Joins Two Green Groups
Dot Hill Systems announced it has joined the Green Grid and the Storage Networking Industry Associoation Green Storage Initiative, two organizations aimed at promoting “green” energy-efficient IT solutions. “Energy efficiency in the data center is one of the most significant issues facing technology providers and our customers today,” said Mike Jensen, chief information architect for Dot Hill Systems.
With these organizations, Dot Hill plans to collaborate with other companies on greener data management and storage systems. The company has already developed its EcoStor technology features, including its “green” battery-free alternative for cache memory.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array