HP Introduces Two Energy-Efficient Business PCs
HP announced two new energy-efficient business desktop PCs, the HP Compaq dc5800 Business PC and the HP Compaq dc7800 Ultra-slim Desktop PC, which is the industry’s first to feature a solid-state hard drive, according to the company.
Both models meet EPEAT Gold standards. The dc7800 Ultra Slim Desktop is 46 percent smaller than previous models and features HP’s lowest power consuming, 85 percent efficient power supply. The SSD provides near instantaneous access to data and the elimination of moving parts, which are the main cause of electro-mechanical wear out.
The HP Compaq dc7800 Ultra-slim Business Desktop with SSD is available now in North America at a starting U.S. list price of $1,258, while the HP Compaq dc5800 is expected to be available beginning Feb. 11 in configurations starting as low as $579.
Energy Manager News
- At QER Roundtable, EPSA Recommends Competitive Pricing Improvements
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Court’s Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate
- FIU Again Tops in Energy Efficiency
- Invenergy Selling Wind Power to 3M
- U.S. House Subcommittee Reviews Kennedy’s Fair RATES Act
- Nevada PAC Seeks Entry into State for Retail Energy Suppliers
- Using Big Data to Help Solve the Big Building Energy Problem