HP Introduces Two Energy-Efficient Business PCs
HP announced two new energy-efficient business desktop PCs, the HP Compaq dc5800 Business PC and the HP Compaq dc7800 Ultra-slim Desktop PC, which is the industry’s first to feature a solid-state hard drive, according to the company.
Both models meet EPEAT Gold standards. The dc7800 Ultra Slim Desktop is 46 percent smaller than previous models and features HP’s lowest power consuming, 85 percent efficient power supply. The SSD provides near instantaneous access to data and the elimination of moving parts, which are the main cause of electro-mechanical wear out.
The HP Compaq dc7800 Ultra-slim Business Desktop with SSD is available now in North America at a starting U.S. list price of $1,258, while the HP Compaq dc5800 is expected to be available beginning Feb. 11 in configurations starting as low as $579.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B