Aveda Greens Up NY Fashion Week
For the upcoming Fall/Winter 2008 Fashion Week in New York, Aveda is joining efforts with a cadre of designers to make the show more eco-friendly, according to Aveda. The designers joining Aveda are Rodarte, 3.1 Phillip Lim, Rag and Bone, Thakoon and Edun, and they are taking four steps to make the show greener. 1) Replace bottled water with NYC tap water, eliminating up to 300 plastic water bottles per show. Aveda will provide reusable liter-sized non-toxic aluminum water bottles. 2) Eliminate use of fur in shows and in all retail iterations. 3) Serve organic, locally-sourced food to models, stylists, makeup artists and production staff backstage. 4) Print all programs and show invitations on post-consumer recycled paper.
Aveda debuted its Green Platform Initiative at the Spring/Summer 2008 Fashion Week. “The response to the program exceeded even our own expectations and we believe it has the potential to become a global movement in the world of fashion,” said Dominique Conseil, president of Aveda.
Aveda has recently launched its “Beauty is as Beauty Does” green marketing campaign, while other companies in the beauty industry are ramping up their use of natural and organic ingredients and acquiring green brands with the expectation that mainstream consumers will be won over. The world of EcoFashion has also been gaining wider attention for its efforts.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store