Aveda Greens Up NY Fashion Week
For the upcoming Fall/Winter 2008 Fashion Week in New York, Aveda is joining efforts with a cadre of designers to make the show more eco-friendly, according to Aveda. The designers joining Aveda are Rodarte, 3.1 Phillip Lim, Rag and Bone, Thakoon and Edun, and they are taking four steps to make the show greener. 1) Replace bottled water with NYC tap water, eliminating up to 300 plastic water bottles per show. Aveda will provide reusable liter-sized non-toxic aluminum water bottles. 2) Eliminate use of fur in shows and in all retail iterations. 3) Serve organic, locally-sourced food to models, stylists, makeup artists and production staff backstage. 4) Print all programs and show invitations on post-consumer recycled paper.
Aveda debuted its Green Platform Initiative at the Spring/Summer 2008 Fashion Week. “The response to the program exceeded even our own expectations and we believe it has the potential to become a global movement in the world of fashion,” said Dominique Conseil, president of Aveda.
Aveda has recently launched its “Beauty is as Beauty Does” green marketing campaign, while other companies in the beauty industry are ramping up their use of natural and organic ingredients and acquiring green brands with the expectation that mainstream consumers will be won over. The world of EcoFashion has also been gaining wider attention for its efforts.
Energy Manager News
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: October 21, 2016
- Could Cleaner Energy Save Ohio Ratepayers $50M in 2030, Alone?
- Yakima City Council Mulls Utility Rate Hike on Large Businesses to Bolster Reserve Fund
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data