Food Markets Getting Greener and More Sensual
Americans are turning more to food that benefits both their health and the environment. At the same time, according to the SF Chronicle, they’re also looking for a grocery shopping experience that’s less boring.
So while more products designed to appeal to socially-conscious buyers will make it onto the shelves this year, according to food trend analysts, grocers are turning stores “into pleasure palaces complete with mood lighting, piped-in smells and tasting bars.”
A survey by Information Resources showed that about half of American consumers polled consider at least one sustainability factor in selecting packaged goods and choosing where to shop.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses