Food Markets Getting Greener and More Sensual
Americans are turning more to food that benefits both their health and the environment. At the same time, according to the SF Chronicle, they’re also looking for a grocery shopping experience that’s less boring.
So while more products designed to appeal to socially-conscious buyers will make it onto the shelves this year, according to food trend analysts, grocers are turning stores “into pleasure palaces complete with mood lighting, piped-in smells and tasting bars.”
A survey by Information Resources showed that about half of American consumers polled consider at least one sustainability factor in selecting packaged goods and choosing where to shop.
Energy Manager News
- BMW Tests Fuel-Cell Car
- Researchers Develop Cell that Can Store Solar at Night
- Energy Efficiency Program Saves Texas College $4.4M
- White Efficiency Poses Challenge for Solid-State Lighting
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion