Food Markets Getting Greener and More Sensual
Americans are turning more to food that benefits both their health and the environment. At the same time, according to the SF Chronicle, they’re also looking for a grocery shopping experience that’s less boring.
So while more products designed to appeal to socially-conscious buyers will make it onto the shelves this year, according to food trend analysts, grocers are turning stores “into pleasure palaces complete with mood lighting, piped-in smells and tasting bars.”
A survey by Information Resources showed that about half of American consumers polled consider at least one sustainability factor in selecting packaged goods and choosing where to shop.
Energy Manager News
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: October 21, 2016
- Could Cleaner Energy Save Ohio Ratepayers $50M in 2030, Alone?
- Yakima City Council Mulls Utility Rate Hike on Large Businesses to Bolster Reserve Fund
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data
- Lockheed Martin Installs the GridStar Storage System at Syracuse Facility
- Schneider Electric Unveils Continuous Efficiency
- Avista Lauds ‘Fair’ Settlement in Idaho Rate Case