Food Markets Getting Greener and More Sensual
Americans are turning more to food that benefits both their health and the environment. At the same time, according to the SF Chronicle, they’re also looking for a grocery shopping experience that’s less boring.
So while more products designed to appeal to socially-conscious buyers will make it onto the shelves this year, according to food trend analysts, grocers are turning stores “into pleasure palaces complete with mood lighting, piped-in smells and tasting bars.”
A survey by Information Resources showed that about half of American consumers polled consider at least one sustainability factor in selecting packaged goods and choosing where to shop.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform