Waste Management Launches Green Consumer Website
Waste Management launched thinkgreen.com, a marketing campaign that includes an interactive Website that shows consumers how to manage the four-and-a-half pounds of waste the average citizen generates each day. Thinkgreen.com features a landfill tour in three dimensions and touts the ways in which Waste Management reduces, reuses, recycles and recovers the resources that are in waste.
The Website is part of the company’s Think Green campaign. Next month, another component will be launched at Innoventions at Epcot at the Walt Disney World Resort. Visitors will have the opportunity to virtually experience the operations on a single-stream recycling line, feed the boiler at a waste-to-energy facility and run the bulldozer at a landfill in a hands-on, interactive exhibit called “Don’t Waste It.”
Epcot is becoming a destination for companies that want to market their green initiatives. Last January, GM launched experiential campaigns to put potential buyers behind the wheels of their hybrid vehicles by raising the curtain on a new exhibit at Disney’s Epcot center.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Efficiency Efforts Face Obstacles in New Buildings and Retrofits
- Turlock Irrigation District Offers Incentives
- Invenergy Signs Deals with Equinix and Owens Corning
- Overcoming Skepticism about Energy Upgrades
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking