Waste Management Launches Green Consumer Website
Waste Management launched thinkgreen.com, a marketing campaign that includes an interactive Website that shows consumers how to manage the four-and-a-half pounds of waste the average citizen generates each day. Thinkgreen.com features a landfill tour in three dimensions and touts the ways in which Waste Management reduces, reuses, recycles and recovers the resources that are in waste.
The Website is part of the company’s Think Green campaign. Next month, another component will be launched at Innoventions at Epcot at the Walt Disney World Resort. Visitors will have the opportunity to virtually experience the operations on a single-stream recycling line, feed the boiler at a waste-to-energy facility and run the bulldozer at a landfill in a hands-on, interactive exhibit called “Don’t Waste It.”
Epcot is becoming a destination for companies that want to market their green initiatives. Last January, GM launched experiential campaigns to put potential buyers behind the wheels of their hybrid vehicles by raising the curtain on a new exhibit at Disney’s Epcot center.
Energy Manager News
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array
- California is Among the National Leaders in Energy Efficiency and Economic Gains
- Westerly, RI, Making Moves to Improve Municipal Efficiency
- SCE&G Customers to See Lower Bills, Renewable Energy Charge Starting in May
- Marin Clean Energy Could Cut Rates As Seven More Cities Join
- ASHRAE Looks at Energy Efficiency in a World Without Price Tags
- New York City Goes Big on Solar