Waste Management Launches Green Consumer Website
Waste Management launched thinkgreen.com, a marketing campaign that includes an interactive Website that shows consumers how to manage the four-and-a-half pounds of waste the average citizen generates each day. Thinkgreen.com features a landfill tour in three dimensions and touts the ways in which Waste Management reduces, reuses, recycles and recovers the resources that are in waste.
The Website is part of the company’s Think Green campaign. Next month, another component will be launched at Innoventions at Epcot at the Walt Disney World Resort. Visitors will have the opportunity to virtually experience the operations on a single-stream recycling line, feed the boiler at a waste-to-energy facility and run the bulldozer at a landfill in a hands-on, interactive exhibit called “Don’t Waste It.”
Epcot is becoming a destination for companies that want to market their green initiatives. Last January, GM launched experiential campaigns to put potential buyers behind the wheels of their hybrid vehicles by raising the curtain on a new exhibit at Disney’s Epcot center.
Energy Manager News
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE
- Key Trends: Corporate Renewable Energy Procurement and Spend 2016
- Cogeneration Continues to Make Inroads
- Honeywell, OG&E Upgrading Tinker Air Force Base Assembly Plant