Dole Converts Farm Equipment to Biodiesel
Dole Fresh Vegetables Company, a division of Dole Food, announced that it has converted 95 pieces of its farm equipment in Salinas, California, and Yuma, Arizona, to B20 biodiesel.
The 95 machines include harvesters, tractors, and transport vehicles, any 76 of which are in use per day. Spiro also said that all told, the machines will burn an annual average of 120,000 to 140,000 gallons of biodiesel fuel.
Energy Manager News
- 5 Reasons Clean Energy Investments Beat Expectations
- East Coast Cities are Top 3 Most Energy Efficient
- Tri-Generation System Generates Heat, Power, Hydrogen
- Lennox Expands Commercial Packaged Rooftop Units
- US Representative Wants to Extend Tax Credits for Clean Energy
- Eaton Hired at Fort Campbell
- Schneider Software Prevents Overcooling in Data Centers
- HVAC Brain Carries Siemens Commercial Room Thermostat