Dole Converts Farm Equipment to Biodiesel
Dole Fresh Vegetables Company, a division of Dole Food, announced that it has converted 95 pieces of its farm equipment in Salinas, California, and Yuma, Arizona, to B20 biodiesel.
The 95 machines include harvesters, tractors, and transport vehicles, any 76 of which are in use per day. Spiro also said that all told, the machines will burn an annual average of 120,000 to 140,000 gallons of biodiesel fuel.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array