Dole Converts Farm Equipment to Biodiesel
Dole Fresh Vegetables Company, a division of Dole Food, announced that it has converted 95 pieces of its farm equipment in Salinas, California, and Yuma, Arizona, to B20 biodiesel.
The 95 machines include harvesters, tractors, and transport vehicles, any 76 of which are in use per day. Spiro also said that all told, the machines will burn an annual average of 120,000 to 140,000 gallons of biodiesel fuel.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- LAX Commissions New $438M Central Utilities Plant
- International Paper Receives Trucked Compressed Natural Gas
- Housing Authority Signs ESPC with Ameresco
- Solar Installed at USDA Buildings
- Eaton Supports 6.3 MW Hospital Solar Installation in New Jersey
- UK Grocery Store Chain Gives Refrigerators an Energy Savings Turbo Boost
- ATG Designs 120-watt LED Fixture for Gas Station Canopies
- Schneider Electric Launches PowerLogic PM8000 Line of Meters