Dole Converts Farm Equipment to Biodiesel
Dole Fresh Vegetables Company, a division of Dole Food, announced that it has converted 95 pieces of its farm equipment in Salinas, California, and Yuma, Arizona, to B20 biodiesel.
The 95 machines include harvesters, tractors, and transport vehicles, any 76 of which are in use per day. Spiro also said that all told, the machines will burn an annual average of 120,000 to 140,000 gallons of biodiesel fuel.
Energy Manager News
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tecogen Lands Deal in Coney Island, NY
- SCS Provides LEDs to AZ Stores in Arizona
- New Green Advancements in Hospital Environments
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike