Dole Converts Farm Equipment to Biodiesel
Dole Fresh Vegetables Company, a division of Dole Food, announced that it has converted 95 pieces of its farm equipment in Salinas, California, and Yuma, Arizona, to B20 biodiesel.
The 95 machines include harvesters, tractors, and transport vehicles, any 76 of which are in use per day. Spiro also said that all told, the machines will burn an annual average of 120,000 to 140,000 gallons of biodiesel fuel.
Energy Manager News
- Digging Deep to Cure HVAC Inefficiency
- Technavio: Global Data Center Liquid Cooling Market Growing
- GE Shreveport Plant Finishes First Stage of Retrofit
- Entergy Arkansas Reaches Rate Settlement
- EMEX Named TEPA Aggregator/Broker/Consultant of the Year
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables