Green Plug Debuts Universal Power Supply
Green Plug introduced a universal power supply technology for consumer electronics devices at Demo 08. The power supply works at both the AC input and at DC output voltages, according to company CTO Gus Pabon.
The company developed the universal power protocol chip which can identify devices such as an iPod or Dell laptop and provide them with the appropriate voltage and shut down the power port when it senses the device no longer needs power.
Green Plug will license its universal connector and Greentalk protocol software for free, according to CEO Frank Paniagua. The company plans to make money on sales of its embedded chip and is looking for licensees.
Energy Manager News
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tecogen Lands Deal in Coney Island, NY
- SCS Provides LEDs to AZ Stores in Arizona
- New Green Advancements in Hospital Environments
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike