Hyatt Creates New Environmental Position
Hyatt has announced the creation of a new position within its company – vice president, environmental affairs. Brigitta Witt, who was recently the senior director of business development and general manager for Green Dimes, has been appointed to fill that position. She will develop a new environmental policy.
One recent article took a close look at the many ways, major and minor, that the hotel industry is going green. Last year, Hyatt announced plans on greening up with organic food and fully biodegradable products and by focusing on energy efficiency.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B