Wal-Mart Canada Breaks Green Ad Campaign
In Canada, Wal-Mart has launched “Big Reduction” – a 30-second TV spot that touts some of the company’s green policies, such as its eco-friendly light bulbs, its purchase of emission-free power, its increased insulation of roofs on new stores, and its recycling efforts.
The spot, whose tage is “We’re reducing our impact on the environment,” points viewers to a website where they can learn about the company’s organic offerings, its green initiatives and its partnership with the environmental group Evergreen. The new green campaign includes online ads set to break next week.
Last week, in a speech, Wal-Mart CEO H. Lee Scott, Jr. pledged to make the company greener through various actions, most notably by reducing the energy consumption of many of its products, such as air-conditioners and TVs.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland