Wal-Mart Canada Breaks Green Ad Campaign
In Canada, Wal-Mart has launched “Big Reduction” – a 30-second TV spot that touts some of the company’s green policies, such as its eco-friendly light bulbs, its purchase of emission-free power, its increased insulation of roofs on new stores, and its recycling efforts.
The spot, whose tage is “We’re reducing our impact on the environment,” points viewers to a website where they can learn about the company’s organic offerings, its green initiatives and its partnership with the environmental group Evergreen. The new green campaign includes online ads set to break next week.
Last week, in a speech, Wal-Mart CEO H. Lee Scott, Jr. pledged to make the company greener through various actions, most notably by reducing the energy consumption of many of its products, such as air-conditioners and TVs.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses