Wal-Mart Canada Breaks Green Ad Campaign
In Canada, Wal-Mart has launched “Big Reduction” – a 30-second TV spot that touts some of the company’s green policies, such as its eco-friendly light bulbs, its purchase of emission-free power, its increased insulation of roofs on new stores, and its recycling efforts.
The spot, whose tage is “We’re reducing our impact on the environment,” points viewers to a website where they can learn about the company’s organic offerings, its green initiatives and its partnership with the environmental group Evergreen. The new green campaign includes online ads set to break next week.
Last week, in a speech, Wal-Mart CEO H. Lee Scott, Jr. pledged to make the company greener through various actions, most notably by reducing the energy consumption of many of its products, such as air-conditioners and TVs.
Energy Manager News
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array
- California is Among the National Leaders in Energy Efficiency and Economic Gains
- Westerly, RI, Making Moves to Improve Municipal Efficiency