Wal-Mart Canada Breaks Green Ad Campaign
In Canada, Wal-Mart has launched “Big Reduction” – a 30-second TV spot that touts some of the company’s green policies, such as its eco-friendly light bulbs, its purchase of emission-free power, its increased insulation of roofs on new stores, and its recycling efforts.
The spot, whose tage is “We’re reducing our impact on the environment,” points viewers to a website where they can learn about the company’s organic offerings, its green initiatives and its partnership with the environmental group Evergreen. The new green campaign includes online ads set to break next week.
Last week, in a speech, Wal-Mart CEO H. Lee Scott, Jr. pledged to make the company greener through various actions, most notably by reducing the energy consumption of many of its products, such as air-conditioners and TVs.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike