Green Mountain Shows Green is Profitable
Green Mountain Coffee, a corporation poster child for “doing good and doing well,” has posted another impressive quarter, reports The Motley Fool. The company’s net income increased 20 percent to $2.9 million, and revenues were up 52 percent to $126.4 million. For fiscal 2008, its sales are expected to grow 40 to 45 percent, and its earnings are expected to grow at a similar rate, according to this article.
Gross margin did drop a little less than four percent, but part of that was attributed to higher coffee costs and the opening of a new packaging plant for K-Cups. Meanwhile, the company continues its green credentials. For two years running it has been on top of CRO magazine’s 100 Best Corporate Citizens list. One article last summer pointed to the company’s use of renewable energy.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV
- Walmart Saving Money While Driving Efficiency
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market