Green Mountain Shows Green is Profitable
Green Mountain Coffee, a corporation poster child for “doing good and doing well,” has posted another impressive quarter, reports The Motley Fool. The company’s net income increased 20 percent to $2.9 million, and revenues were up 52 percent to $126.4 million. For fiscal 2008, its sales are expected to grow 40 to 45 percent, and its earnings are expected to grow at a similar rate, according to this article.
Gross margin did drop a little less than four percent, but part of that was attributed to higher coffee costs and the opening of a new packaging plant for K-Cups. Meanwhile, the company continues its green credentials. For two years running it has been on top of CRO magazine’s 100 Best Corporate Citizens list. One article last summer pointed to the company’s use of renewable energy.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE