Green Mountain Shows Green is Profitable
Green Mountain Coffee, a corporation poster child for “doing good and doing well,” has posted another impressive quarter, reports The Motley Fool. The company’s net income increased 20 percent to $2.9 million, and revenues were up 52 percent to $126.4 million. For fiscal 2008, its sales are expected to grow 40 to 45 percent, and its earnings are expected to grow at a similar rate, according to this article.
Gross margin did drop a little less than four percent, but part of that was attributed to higher coffee costs and the opening of a new packaging plant for K-Cups. Meanwhile, the company continues its green credentials. For two years running it has been on top of CRO magazine’s 100 Best Corporate Citizens list. One article last summer pointed to the company’s use of renewable energy.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight