NYC Green Car Service Launches Hybrid-Only Fleet
NYC Green Car, a luxury car service that uses only hybrid vehicles, has launched service in New York City. Its fleet consists of Toyota Camry and Lexus cars, but the company deemed the Prius too small for corporate customers. The company will donate ten percent of its after-tax profits to local non-profits dedicated to improving the city’s parks and green spaces. Customers can designate where these charitable gifts are directed.
New York City’s Taxi & Limousine Commission recently approved a deal that would replace the city’s iconic Crown Victoria taxicabs with hybrid automobiles in the coming years. New York City’s entire taxi fleet will be converted to gas-electric hybrids by 2012.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation