NYC Green Car Service Launches Hybrid-Only Fleet
NYC Green Car, a luxury car service that uses only hybrid vehicles, has launched service in New York City. Its fleet consists of Toyota Camry and Lexus cars, but the company deemed the Prius too small for corporate customers. The company will donate ten percent of its after-tax profits to local non-profits dedicated to improving the city’s parks and green spaces. Customers can designate where these charitable gifts are directed.
New York City’s Taxi & Limousine Commission recently approved a deal that would replace the city’s iconic Crown Victoria taxicabs with hybrid automobiles in the coming years. New York City’s entire taxi fleet will be converted to gas-electric hybrids by 2012.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland