NYC Green Car Service Launches Hybrid-Only Fleet
NYC Green Car, a luxury car service that uses only hybrid vehicles, has launched service in New York City. Its fleet consists of Toyota Camry and Lexus cars, but the company deemed the Prius too small for corporate customers. The company will donate ten percent of its after-tax profits to local non-profits dedicated to improving the city’s parks and green spaces. Customers can designate where these charitable gifts are directed.
New York City’s Taxi & Limousine Commission recently approved a deal that would replace the city’s iconic Crown Victoria taxicabs with hybrid automobiles in the coming years. New York City’s entire taxi fleet will be converted to gas-electric hybrids by 2012.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Datacenter Cooling
- The Advantages of Metal Roofs
- PACE Loan Program in Pulaski County, AK
- Online Tool Introduced in Vermont
- SWL&P Looks to Increase Electric Revenues by Over $2 Million
- Schneider Electric’s NEO Network: Helping Make Efficiency Projects Real
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves