NYC Green Car Service Launches Hybrid-Only Fleet
NYC Green Car, a luxury car service that uses only hybrid vehicles, has launched service in New York City. Its fleet consists of Toyota Camry and Lexus cars, but the company deemed the Prius too small for corporate customers. The company will donate ten percent of its after-tax profits to local non-profits dedicated to improving the city’s parks and green spaces. Customers can designate where these charitable gifts are directed.
New York City’s Taxi & Limousine Commission recently approved a deal that would replace the city’s iconic Crown Victoria taxicabs with hybrid automobiles in the coming years. New York City’s entire taxi fleet will be converted to gas-electric hybrids by 2012.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store