NYC Green Car Service Launches Hybrid-Only Fleet
NYC Green Car, a luxury car service that uses only hybrid vehicles, has launched service in New York City. Its fleet consists of Toyota Camry and Lexus cars, but the company deemed the Prius too small for corporate customers. The company will donate ten percent of its after-tax profits to local non-profits dedicated to improving the city’s parks and green spaces. Customers can designate where these charitable gifts are directed.
New York City’s Taxi & Limousine Commission recently approved a deal that would replace the city’s iconic Crown Victoria taxicabs with hybrid automobiles in the coming years. New York City’s entire taxi fleet will be converted to gas-electric hybrids by 2012.
Energy Manager News
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains
- Some Insurance Companies Invested Too Heavily in Fossil Fuels, says Ceres
- Apple Defends 100% Renewable Energy Claim
- Ontario Investing $900M in Affordable Housing
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending May 20, 2016
- CAL-ISO Study: Regional Energy Market Could Yield $1.5B in Savings Annually to Ratepayers
- Sands to Stay, But MGM and Wynn Still Plan to Leave NV Energy
- Turning Data into Knowledge–and Action