Call2Recycle Reports 12% Increase In Battery Recycling
The Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation reported a twelve percent increase in collection numbers with more than 6.3 million pounds of rechargeable batteries recycled through its Call2Recycle program.
RBRC says that one key to the increase was Circuit City, the first retailer to expand upon the program. In addition to collection boxes available in stores, Circuit City distributed individual collection bags to all customers that made an online purchase.
Other significant contributing factors were the New York City Rechargeable Battery Law, New Mexico Recycling Awareness Month and various initiatives in Canada.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- SolarCity: We Have the World’s Most Efficient Rooftop Solar Panel
- Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Switches to LEDs
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years