Call2Recycle Reports 12% Increase In Battery Recycling
The Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation reported a twelve percent increase in collection numbers with more than 6.3 million pounds of rechargeable batteries recycled through its Call2Recycle program.
RBRC says that one key to the increase was Circuit City, the first retailer to expand upon the program. In addition to collection boxes available in stores, Circuit City distributed individual collection bags to all customers that made an online purchase.
Other significant contributing factors were the New York City Rechargeable Battery Law, New Mexico Recycling Awareness Month and various initiatives in Canada.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B