Call2Recycle Reports 12% Increase In Battery Recycling
The Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation reported a twelve percent increase in collection numbers with more than 6.3 million pounds of rechargeable batteries recycled through its Call2Recycle program.
RBRC says that one key to the increase was Circuit City, the first retailer to expand upon the program. In addition to collection boxes available in stores, Circuit City distributed individual collection bags to all customers that made an online purchase.
Other significant contributing factors were the New York City Rechargeable Battery Law, New Mexico Recycling Awareness Month and various initiatives in Canada.
Energy Manager News
- Maryland Electric Coops Mount FERC Challenge to Community Solar Garden Retail Prices
- SEIA Releases Updated Version of ‘Guide to Federal Tax Incentives’
- Energy Efficiency and Waste Disposal Grow Closer
- Worcester School Gets Grant to Complete LED Retrofit
- Cree Recalls Lamps
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- Atlantic City Electric Rate Increase Settled; PowerAhead Funding Deferred to Phase II
- TVA Reduces Budget Requirements and Continues Investing in Cleaner Power