Call2Recycle Reports 12% Increase In Battery Recycling
The Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation reported a twelve percent increase in collection numbers with more than 6.3 million pounds of rechargeable batteries recycled through its Call2Recycle program.
RBRC says that one key to the increase was Circuit City, the first retailer to expand upon the program. In addition to collection boxes available in stores, Circuit City distributed individual collection bags to all customers that made an online purchase.
Other significant contributing factors were the New York City Rechargeable Battery Law, New Mexico Recycling Awareness Month and various initiatives in Canada.
Energy Manager News
- Getting Serious About Energy Metrics
- Honeywell Smart Building Technology Uses ‘Tablet-Like’ Visualization
- Micro Wind Turbines Top Intel Headquarters
- Neon LED Strip Light Prevents Dangers of Actual Neon Light
- Framingham Saves $380,000 per Year with ESPC
- FlexEnergy Commissions Multiple 250 KW Gas Turbines in Seoul
- Corporations Rally to Streamline Renewable Energy Procurement
- Solar Trees Provide Shade, Electricity, EV Charging