Call2Recycle Reports 12% Increase In Battery Recycling
The Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation reported a twelve percent increase in collection numbers with more than 6.3 million pounds of rechargeable batteries recycled through its Call2Recycle program.
RBRC says that one key to the increase was Circuit City, the first retailer to expand upon the program. In addition to collection boxes available in stores, Circuit City distributed individual collection bags to all customers that made an online purchase.
Other significant contributing factors were the New York City Rechargeable Battery Law, New Mexico Recycling Awareness Month and various initiatives in Canada.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses