Green Grid Delivers New IT Efficiency Framework
At its first ever technical forum, The Green Grid says it will deliver the framework for new strategies, methodologies and process recommendations to help IT managers assess data center energy and get more efficient. In addition, The Green Grid will announce it has formed a collaboration with The Distributed Management Task Force.
Also at the conference, The Green Grid is expected to recommend against making a shift from AC to DC power distribution, according to this EE Times article. A year ago, Intel discussed the benefits of shifting from AC to DC, and a handful of companies, according to this article, have developed products and services to enable such a shift.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency