Toyota Plants Trees
Toyota Material Handling will plant 20,000 trees – one for every 8-Series lift truck sold last year – in national forests damaged by fire or other natural causes. The actual planting will be done through the Arbor Day Foundation. Toyota also said it will donate one tree for every lift truck delivered in 2008, which it estimates will be about 30,000.
Last fall, Imation’s Memorex teamed up with the Arbor Day Foundation to launch a campaign that would add a minimum of 75,000 trees to U.S. national forests. And in conjunction with ADF, Enterprise has pledged 50 million trees by 2050.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend