Toyota Plants Trees
Toyota Material Handling will plant 20,000 trees – one for every 8-Series lift truck sold last year – in national forests damaged by fire or other natural causes. The actual planting will be done through the Arbor Day Foundation. Toyota also said it will donate one tree for every lift truck delivered in 2008, which it estimates will be about 30,000.
Last fall, Imation’s Memorex teamed up with the Arbor Day Foundation to launch a campaign that would add a minimum of 75,000 trees to U.S. national forests. And in conjunction with ADF, Enterprise has pledged 50 million trees by 2050.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency