Toyota Plants Trees
Toyota Material Handling will plant 20,000 trees – one for every 8-Series lift truck sold last year – in national forests damaged by fire or other natural causes. The actual planting will be done through the Arbor Day Foundation. Toyota also said it will donate one tree for every lift truck delivered in 2008, which it estimates will be about 30,000.
Last fall, Imation’s Memorex teamed up with the Arbor Day Foundation to launch a campaign that would add a minimum of 75,000 trees to U.S. national forests. And in conjunction with ADF, Enterprise has pledged 50 million trees by 2050.
Energy Manager News
- Entergy Arkansas Reaches Rate Settlement
- EMEX Named TEPA Aggregator/Broker/Consultant of the Year
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: October 21, 2016
- Could Cleaner Energy Save Ohio Ratepayers $50M in 2030, Alone?
- Yakima City Council Mulls Utility Rate Hike on Large Businesses to Bolster Reserve Fund