Toyota Plants Trees
Toyota Material Handling will plant 20,000 trees – one for every 8-Series lift truck sold last year – in national forests damaged by fire or other natural causes. The actual planting will be done through the Arbor Day Foundation. Toyota also said it will donate one tree for every lift truck delivered in 2008, which it estimates will be about 30,000.
Last fall, Imation’s Memorex teamed up with the Arbor Day Foundation to launch a campaign that would add a minimum of 75,000 trees to U.S. national forests. And in conjunction with ADF, Enterprise has pledged 50 million trees by 2050.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- MaxLite Introduces LED Lensed Retrofit Kit
- Molson Coors Saves Money, Cuts Emissions With Onsite Power
- RMI Report Traces the Rise of the Battery
- North Carolina’s Clean Energy Sector Adds Jobs, Hikes Revenue
- New Transceivers Boost Energy Efficiency Up to 20%
- Two Universities Gain by Switching Heat from Steam to Hot Water
- BrandSmart Uses PACE Financing to Upgrade
- GE’s Current Offers Energy-as-a-Service