Toyota Plants Trees
Toyota Material Handling will plant 20,000 trees – one for every 8-Series lift truck sold last year – in national forests damaged by fire or other natural causes. The actual planting will be done through the Arbor Day Foundation. Toyota also said it will donate one tree for every lift truck delivered in 2008, which it estimates will be about 30,000.
Last fall, Imation’s Memorex teamed up with the Arbor Day Foundation to launch a campaign that would add a minimum of 75,000 trees to U.S. national forests. And in conjunction with ADF, Enterprise has pledged 50 million trees by 2050.
Energy Manager News
- IRS to Buildings Owners: “We’re From the Government and We’re Here to Help”
- CT Hospital, Soltage, Tenaska Unveil Solar Plant
- FAA Pays to Upgrade Airport Hangar Heating
- Maryland Electric Coops Mount FERC Challenge to Community Solar Garden Retail Prices
- SEIA Releases Updated Version of ‘Guide to Federal Tax Incentives’
- Energy Efficiency and Waste Disposal Grow Closer
- Worcester School Gets Grant to Complete LED Retrofit
- Cree Recalls Lamps