EU Launches ‘Clean Sky’ Green Aircraft Initiative
The Clean Sky joint technology initiative was launched in Europe. The JTI, a EUR 1.6 billion public-private partnership, aims to make aircraft cleaner and more efficient. It will select technologies for development between 2008 and 2010, leading to full-scale demonstrations between 2013 and 2014.
Last summer the European Commission said airline manufacturers should aim for a 40 percent cut in CO2 as well as a 60 percent cut in Nitrogen Oxide emissions.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management