EU Launches ‘Clean Sky’ Green Aircraft Initiative
The Clean Sky joint technology initiative was launched in Europe. The JTI, a EUR 1.6 billion public-private partnership, aims to make aircraft cleaner and more efficient. It will select technologies for development between 2008 and 2010, leading to full-scale demonstrations between 2013 and 2014.
Last summer the European Commission said airline manufacturers should aim for a 40 percent cut in CO2 as well as a 60 percent cut in Nitrogen Oxide emissions.
Energy Manager News
- New York Solar Installations Soar 300%
- Tiny, Solar-Powered Circuit Is 80% Efficient
- California Grid to Maintain Reliability Despite Drought
- Largest Solar Project Installed on Closed Landfill Under Consideration
- TerraForm Buys 930 MW Wind Portfolio for $2B
- BMW Tests Fuel-Cell Car
- Researchers Develop Cell that Can Store Solar at Night
- Energy Efficiency Program Saves Texas College $4.4M