EU Launches ‘Clean Sky’ Green Aircraft Initiative
The Clean Sky joint technology initiative was launched in Europe. The JTI, a EUR 1.6 billion public-private partnership, aims to make aircraft cleaner and more efficient. It will select technologies for development between 2008 and 2010, leading to full-scale demonstrations between 2013 and 2014.
Last summer the European Commission said airline manufacturers should aim for a 40 percent cut in CO2 as well as a 60 percent cut in Nitrogen Oxide emissions.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Efficiency and Waste Disposal Grow Closer
- Worcester School Gets Grant to Complete LED Retrofit
- Cree Recalls Lamps
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- Atlantic City Electric Rate Increase Settled; PowerAhead Funding Deferred to Phase II
- TVA Reduces Budget Requirements and Continues Investing in Cleaner Power
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report