EU Launches ‘Clean Sky’ Green Aircraft Initiative
The Clean Sky joint technology initiative was launched in Europe. The JTI, a EUR 1.6 billion public-private partnership, aims to make aircraft cleaner and more efficient. It will select technologies for development between 2008 and 2010, leading to full-scale demonstrations between 2013 and 2014.
Last summer the European Commission said airline manufacturers should aim for a 40 percent cut in CO2 as well as a 60 percent cut in Nitrogen Oxide emissions.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls