EU Launches ‘Clean Sky’ Green Aircraft Initiative
The Clean Sky joint technology initiative was launched in Europe. The JTI, a EUR 1.6 billion public-private partnership, aims to make aircraft cleaner and more efficient. It will select technologies for development between 2008 and 2010, leading to full-scale demonstrations between 2013 and 2014.
Last summer the European Commission said airline manufacturers should aim for a 40 percent cut in CO2 as well as a 60 percent cut in Nitrogen Oxide emissions.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Datacenter Cooling
- The Advantages of Metal Roofs
- PACE Loan Program in Pulaski County, AK
- Online Tool Introduced in Vermont
- SWL&P Looks to Increase Electric Revenues by Over $2 Million
- Schneider Electric’s NEO Network: Helping Make Efficiency Projects Real
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves