HP Recycles 250 Million Pounds in 2007
HP announced it has recycled nearly 250 million pounds of hardware and print cartridges in 2007, a 50 percent increase over 2006. HP also reused 65 million pounds of hardware to be refurbished for resale or donation, increasing its annual reuse rate 30 percent. One recent article noted HP’s ability to use recycled plastics for new inkjet print cartridges.
In 2007, HP surpassed its goal to recycle one billion pounds of technology equipment and is on target for its 2010 goal of 2 billion pounds. Some 2007 highlights include 170 million pounds in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, 65 million pounds in the Americas and 13 million pounds in Asia Pacific.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls