HP Recycles 250 Million Pounds in 2007
HP announced it has recycled nearly 250 million pounds of hardware and print cartridges in 2007, a 50 percent increase over 2006. HP also reused 65 million pounds of hardware to be refurbished for resale or donation, increasing its annual reuse rate 30 percent. One recent article noted HP’s ability to use recycled plastics for new inkjet print cartridges.
In 2007, HP surpassed its goal to recycle one billion pounds of technology equipment and is on target for its 2010 goal of 2 billion pounds. Some 2007 highlights include 170 million pounds in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, 65 million pounds in the Americas and 13 million pounds in Asia Pacific.
Energy Manager News
- Geothermal Heating and Cooling is Worth Another Look
- Bruce County, Ontario, Tabs Ecosystem
- Oklahoma University Scores Almost $300K Incentive
- Smart Tech Takes Over, Bolstered By Record Investment
- Amendment 4 in Florida Would Expand Solar Property Tax Exemptions to C&I Ratepayers
- Pennsylvania PUC Approves Temporary Waiver of ‘Instant Connect’ Confirmation Letters
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along