HP Recycles 250 Million Pounds in 2007
HP announced it has recycled nearly 250 million pounds of hardware and print cartridges in 2007, a 50 percent increase over 2006. HP also reused 65 million pounds of hardware to be refurbished for resale or donation, increasing its annual reuse rate 30 percent. One recent article noted HP’s ability to use recycled plastics for new inkjet print cartridges.
In 2007, HP surpassed its goal to recycle one billion pounds of technology equipment and is on target for its 2010 goal of 2 billion pounds. Some 2007 highlights include 170 million pounds in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, 65 million pounds in the Americas and 13 million pounds in Asia Pacific.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- LAX Commissions New $438M Central Utilities Plant
- International Paper Receives Trucked Compressed Natural Gas
- Housing Authority Signs ESPC with Ameresco
- Solar Installed at USDA Buildings
- Eaton Supports 6.3 MW Hospital Solar Installation in New Jersey
- UK Grocery Store Chain Gives Refrigerators an Energy Savings Turbo Boost
- ATG Designs 120-watt LED Fixture for Gas Station Canopies
- Schneider Electric Launches PowerLogic PM8000 Line of Meters