HP Recycles 250 Million Pounds in 2007
HP announced it has recycled nearly 250 million pounds of hardware and print cartridges in 2007, a 50 percent increase over 2006. HP also reused 65 million pounds of hardware to be refurbished for resale or donation, increasing its annual reuse rate 30 percent. One recent article noted HP’s ability to use recycled plastics for new inkjet print cartridges.
In 2007, HP surpassed its goal to recycle one billion pounds of technology equipment and is on target for its 2010 goal of 2 billion pounds. Some 2007 highlights include 170 million pounds in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, 65 million pounds in the Americas and 13 million pounds in Asia Pacific.
Energy Manager News
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy to Launch Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger