CCES Creates New Certification for GHG, CO2 Emissions
Carbon Credit Environmental Services has applied for an Intellectual Property Patent to help companies assess their emissions from cradle to grave and earn a certification that will state their product has been offset by CCES through “Green Alternative Energy Projects” or “Carbon Sequestering Projects.”
CCES is currently assessing the emissions of several clothing and personal product manufacturers from the time their product is made to the time it is disposed of. Once accomplished, CCES will issue the product a “GHG, CO2 Carbon Neutral” label good for one year. This label is part of the patent and can only be used through CCES permission.
One recent article said that such third-party labels are an important tool companies can use to validate their green claims, and the article pointed to the four most recognizable eco-labels.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls