CCES Creates New Certification for GHG, CO2 Emissions
Carbon Credit Environmental Services has applied for an Intellectual Property Patent to help companies assess their emissions from cradle to grave and earn a certification that will state their product has been offset by CCES through “Green Alternative Energy Projects” or “Carbon Sequestering Projects.”
CCES is currently assessing the emissions of several clothing and personal product manufacturers from the time their product is made to the time it is disposed of. Once accomplished, CCES will issue the product a “GHG, CO2 Carbon Neutral” label good for one year. This label is part of the patent and can only be used through CCES permission.
One recent article said that such third-party labels are an important tool companies can use to validate their green claims, and the article pointed to the four most recognizable eco-labels.
Energy Manager News
- The Benefits of Continuous Insulation
- Humber College Gets Big Energy Research Funding Infusion
- Walk-In Cooler and Freezer Final Rule Released by DoE
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 26, 2016
- FirstEnergy Asks for $4.5 Billion to Stay in Ohio
- PNM Chafes at Delays, Seeks NMPRC Ruling in 2015 Rate Case
- IRS to Buildings Owners: “We’re From the Government and We’re Here to Help”
- CT Hospital, Soltage, Tenaska Unveil Solar Plant