CCES Creates New Certification for GHG, CO2 Emissions
Carbon Credit Environmental Services has applied for an Intellectual Property Patent to help companies assess their emissions from cradle to grave and earn a certification that will state their product has been offset by CCES through “Green Alternative Energy Projects” or “Carbon Sequestering Projects.”
CCES is currently assessing the emissions of several clothing and personal product manufacturers from the time their product is made to the time it is disposed of. Once accomplished, CCES will issue the product a “GHG, CO2 Carbon Neutral” label good for one year. This label is part of the patent and can only be used through CCES permission.
One recent article said that such third-party labels are an important tool companies can use to validate their green claims, and the article pointed to the four most recognizable eco-labels.
Energy Manager News
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves
- Constellation Acquiring Retail Electricity, Natural Gas Businesses from ConEdison Solutions
- Peninsula Clean Energy Authority Chooses Direct Energy as Supplier
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms
- DC Pushes Renewables
- Stockton Tabs Ygrene for PACE Financing
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016