Shopping Mall Installs 2.3 Acre Green Roof
In Upper Providence, Pennsylvania, a 400,000-square-foot shopping mall has installed a 2.3 acre green roof. The modular green roof manufactured by GreenGrid was chosen in part to help prevent storm water runoff, which has become a problem for sewer systems in the area.
The GreenGrid modules are preplanted with engineered soil and drought-resistant plants. The modules are then delivered to the facility, where they are laid out on top of the roof.
Energy Manager News
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales