Shopping Mall Installs 2.3 Acre Green Roof
In Upper Providence, Pennsylvania, a 400,000-square-foot shopping mall has installed a 2.3 acre green roof. The modular green roof manufactured by GreenGrid was chosen in part to help prevent storm water runoff, which has become a problem for sewer systems in the area.
The GreenGrid modules are preplanted with engineered soil and drought-resistant plants. The modules are then delivered to the facility, where they are laid out on top of the roof.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency