Shopping Mall Installs 2.3 Acre Green Roof
In Upper Providence, Pennsylvania, a 400,000-square-foot shopping mall has installed a 2.3 acre green roof. The modular green roof manufactured by GreenGrid was chosen in part to help prevent storm water runoff, which has become a problem for sewer systems in the area.
The GreenGrid modules are preplanted with engineered soil and drought-resistant plants. The modules are then delivered to the facility, where they are laid out on top of the roof.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- General Mills: We’ll Invest $100M to Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Oregon Correctional Institution Saves with LEDs
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending August 28
- Columbus Energy Challenge Falling Short
- Building on Alaskan Campus Gets LEED Certification
- BT Group Launches Division to Help Property Owners
- Price of Renewables Approaching Fossil Fuels, Nuclear
- The Use of Renewables in Mining Operations