Shopping Mall Installs 2.3 Acre Green Roof
In Upper Providence, Pennsylvania, a 400,000-square-foot shopping mall has installed a 2.3 acre green roof. The modular green roof manufactured by GreenGrid was chosen in part to help prevent storm water runoff, which has become a problem for sewer systems in the area.
The GreenGrid modules are preplanted with engineered soil and drought-resistant plants. The modules are then delivered to the facility, where they are laid out on top of the roof.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council