Shopping Mall Installs 2.3 Acre Green Roof
In Upper Providence, Pennsylvania, a 400,000-square-foot shopping mall has installed a 2.3 acre green roof. The modular green roof manufactured by GreenGrid was chosen in part to help prevent storm water runoff, which has become a problem for sewer systems in the area.
The GreenGrid modules are preplanted with engineered soil and drought-resistant plants. The modules are then delivered to the facility, where they are laid out on top of the roof.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners