All-Hybrid Taxicab Fleet Begins Operations In Washington D.C.
EnviroCAB, which says it runs the nation’s first all-hybrid taxicab fleet, opened for business in greater Washington, D.C. today with a fleet of hybrid Toyota Priuses, Camrys and Highlanders and Ford Escapes.To celebrate the launch, enviroCAB says that 100 Arlington County voters will receive free rides to the polls between 9 am and 12 noon tomorrow.
The taxicab company is already providing service to all major airports for many corporate clients who are “going green.” enviroCAB expects to have its full fleet of 50 vehicles in operation by March 2008.
Energy Manager News
- Apple, Google, Facebook Throw Weight Around in NC Energy Policy
- 2015 Green Lease Leaders include Landlords, Tenants, Brokers
- Disney World Builds Mickey Mouse-Shaped 5 MW Solar System
- Ohio Businesses Encouraged to Use Cogged V-Belts
- Renewables Share of US Energy Consumption Highest Since 1930s
- ZBB Unveils EMS for C&I Buildings
- Levi Strauss, Gap, Autodesk Support California Clean Energy Bill
- New Hydro-Quebec Data Center to Use Free Cooling