All-Hybrid Taxicab Fleet Begins Operations In Washington D.C.
EnviroCAB, which says it runs the nation’s first all-hybrid taxicab fleet, opened for business in greater Washington, D.C. today with a fleet of hybrid Toyota Priuses, Camrys and Highlanders and Ford Escapes.To celebrate the launch, enviroCAB says that 100 Arlington County voters will receive free rides to the polls between 9 am and 12 noon tomorrow.
The taxicab company is already providing service to all major airports for many corporate clients who are “going green.” enviroCAB expects to have its full fleet of 50 vehicles in operation by March 2008.
Energy Manager News
- PACE Financing Makes Progress but Still Encounters Opposition
- Grand View: Datacenter Cooling Market Worth $17.78B by 2024
- Idaho Opens First Solar Farm
- What You Need To Know About Green Insulation: Green Seal’s New Standard
- Obama Administration to Provide Up to $4.5 billion in Loan Guarantees for Electric Charging Stations
- Minnesota PUC Approves New Rate Structure, Size Cap for Solar Gardens
- Maine PUC Endorses Natural Gas Pipeline Expansion at Expense of Ratepayers
- Geothermal Heating and Cooling is Worth Another Look