All-Hybrid Taxicab Fleet Begins Operations In Washington D.C.
EnviroCAB, which says it runs the nation’s first all-hybrid taxicab fleet, opened for business in greater Washington, D.C. today with a fleet of hybrid Toyota Priuses, Camrys and Highlanders and Ford Escapes.To celebrate the launch, enviroCAB says that 100 Arlington County voters will receive free rides to the polls between 9 am and 12 noon tomorrow.
The taxicab company is already providing service to all major airports for many corporate clients who are “going green.” enviroCAB expects to have its full fleet of 50 vehicles in operation by March 2008.
Energy Manager News
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Feb. 5
- At QER Roundtable, EPSA Recommends Competitive Pricing Improvements
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Court’s Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate