All-Hybrid Taxicab Fleet Begins Operations In Washington D.C.
EnviroCAB, which says it runs the nation’s first all-hybrid taxicab fleet, opened for business in greater Washington, D.C. today with a fleet of hybrid Toyota Priuses, Camrys and Highlanders and Ford Escapes.To celebrate the launch, enviroCAB says that 100 Arlington County voters will receive free rides to the polls between 9 am and 12 noon tomorrow.
The taxicab company is already providing service to all major airports for many corporate clients who are “going green.” enviroCAB expects to have its full fleet of 50 vehicles in operation by March 2008.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council