All-Hybrid Taxicab Fleet Begins Operations In Washington D.C.
EnviroCAB, which says it runs the nation’s first all-hybrid taxicab fleet, opened for business in greater Washington, D.C. today with a fleet of hybrid Toyota Priuses, Camrys and Highlanders and Ford Escapes.To celebrate the launch, enviroCAB says that 100 Arlington County voters will receive free rides to the polls between 9 am and 12 noon tomorrow.
The taxicab company is already providing service to all major airports for many corporate clients who are “going green.” enviroCAB expects to have its full fleet of 50 vehicles in operation by March 2008.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Seeing U-Haul’s HQ Parking Structure in a New (LED) Light
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies: The Case for Moving Beyond Batteries
- Nuclear Giant Exelon Wants to Invest in Wind Energy in Ohio
- Arby’s Reports on Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives
- Navigant: Smart Meter Sector Has “Plateaued”
- Poll: 75% of Large U.S. Corporations Say They Will Buy Renewables Within 18 Months
- Duke Energy Progress Customers to See Fuel Cost-Recovery Savings
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity