Staples Stops Sourcing Paper From APP
Staples has joined retailers like Office Depot in no longer doing business with Asia Pulp & Paper due to environmental concerns, Reuters reports.
Environmental groups say APP is involved in illegal logging in Indonesia and China and that the company’s forest-clearing endangers tigers and other animals.
Until recently, Staples sourced about nine percent of its total paper supply from APP. The Wall Street Journal reports Mark Buckley, vice president for environmental issues at Staples, as saying that remaining a customer of APP was “at great peril to our brand.”
Relationships with APP have been problematic for other retailers. Woolworths found itself in hot water last year after claiming that some of its home brand products made from APP-supplied pulp were environmentally sustainable.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending June 26
- Final Energy Conservation Standards for Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners Mirror ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1-2013
- Seeley International Acquires Coolerado
- Joule Assets Becomes Demand Response Provider in Texas
- Excalibur Energy Becomes Preferred Supplier for Facilities Management Firm
- Product Warranty Covers Both Insulated Roof Panels, Solar PV
- Combining Solar with Ground Heat Pump Is Energy, Cost Efficient
- Current Clamps Measure Energy for Small Businesses