Harrah’s Making Environmental Choices
Gwen Migita, director of social responsibility at Harrah’s Entertainment, says that over the past seven years, environmental initiatives have gone from energy management cost cutting measures to an acknowledgment by executives that making green choices is the right thing to do, the Las Vegas Business Press reports.
Employees hold rallies and recycling contests and green teams promote energy conservation and think of ways to be more environmentally conscious while saving money. What supplies are bought, and the suppliers they are bought from, is also being affected by the initiative.
Harrah’s is working to obtain LEED certification for its $1 billion expansion at Caesars Palace.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland