Harrah’s Making Environmental Choices
Gwen Migita, director of social responsibility at Harrah’s Entertainment, says that over the past seven years, environmental initiatives have gone from energy management cost cutting measures to an acknowledgment by executives that making green choices is the right thing to do, the Las Vegas Business Press reports.
Employees hold rallies and recycling contests and green teams promote energy conservation and think of ways to be more environmentally conscious while saving money. What supplies are bought, and the suppliers they are bought from, is also being affected by the initiative.
Harrah’s is working to obtain LEED certification for its $1 billion expansion at Caesars Palace.
Energy Manager News
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense
- SunPower Solar Technology Breaks 24% Energy Efficiency Mark
- U.S. Data Centers Increasing Energy Efficiency
- A New Role for Mats: Promoting Sustainability
- Palmco to Refund $4.5M to New Jersey Consumers for Deceptive Sale Practices
- SolarCity Poll: Most Illinois Residents Oppose Utility Demand Charges
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Seeing U-Haul’s HQ Parking Structure in a New (LED) Light
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies: The Case for Moving Beyond Batteries