Harrah’s Making Environmental Choices
Gwen Migita, director of social responsibility at Harrah’s Entertainment, says that over the past seven years, environmental initiatives have gone from energy management cost cutting measures to an acknowledgment by executives that making green choices is the right thing to do, the Las Vegas Business Press reports.
Employees hold rallies and recycling contests and green teams promote energy conservation and think of ways to be more environmentally conscious while saving money. What supplies are bought, and the suppliers they are bought from, is also being affected by the initiative.
Harrah’s is working to obtain LEED certification for its $1 billion expansion at Caesars Palace.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store