Harrah’s Making Environmental Choices
Gwen Migita, director of social responsibility at Harrah’s Entertainment, says that over the past seven years, environmental initiatives have gone from energy management cost cutting measures to an acknowledgment by executives that making green choices is the right thing to do, the Las Vegas Business Press reports.
Employees hold rallies and recycling contests and green teams promote energy conservation and think of ways to be more environmentally conscious while saving money. What supplies are bought, and the suppliers they are bought from, is also being affected by the initiative.
Harrah’s is working to obtain LEED certification for its $1 billion expansion at Caesars Palace.
Energy Manager News
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018