Harrah’s Making Environmental Choices
Gwen Migita, director of social responsibility at Harrah’s Entertainment, says that over the past seven years, environmental initiatives have gone from energy management cost cutting measures to an acknowledgment by executives that making green choices is the right thing to do, the Las Vegas Business Press reports.
Employees hold rallies and recycling contests and green teams promote energy conservation and think of ways to be more environmentally conscious while saving money. What supplies are bought, and the suppliers they are bought from, is also being affected by the initiative.
Harrah’s is working to obtain LEED certification for its $1 billion expansion at Caesars Palace.
Energy Manager News
- New Energy Efficiency Law Could be Boon for HVAC Industry
- Black & Veatch World Headquarters Microgrid
- Caterpillar, First Solar Join to Develop Microgrids
- Hospital Reduces Energy 12%
- Cree LEDs Light 42-Campus Toledo Public School District
- Soraa Offers LED with Wireless Control
- States Use Energy Resource Permanent Funds for Various Purposes
- One Man’s Experience with Engaging Building Operators