Branson Calls For Climate ‘War Room’
At a UN climate meeting, Richard Branson, head of Virgin Group, offered to set up an “environmental war room” to combat climate change, Wired reports. He envisions a quasi-independent but UN-linked office that would promote climate change best practices and mediate between countries.
“There is no coordination of ideas” currently, Reuters reports Branson as saying. “In a war situation, you literally have a war room, and we have a crisis that is bigger than World War I and II combined.”
Branson, who has offered a $25 million prize for an invention to remove carbon dioxide from the environment, urged the 20 richest nations to match his offer. Branson says the $525 million scientific prize would be the largest in history.
Energy Manager News
- The Hidden Pitfalls of Natural Gas Cost Savings
- Tesla Unveils Powerwall Stationary Energy Storage
- Cargill, Black & Veatch, EnerNOC Work with Tesla on Energy Storage
- Orion Energy Systems Wins LED Retrofit with VA
- UL to Open California Facility
- Hand Dryer Uses 950 Watts
- Ameresco Wins 18 MW Solar Contract for Fort Detrick
- New Energy Efficiency Law Could be Boon for HVAC Industry