Branson Calls For Climate ‘War Room’
At a UN climate meeting, Richard Branson, head of Virgin Group, offered to set up an “environmental war room” to combat climate change, Wired reports. He envisions a quasi-independent but UN-linked office that would promote climate change best practices and mediate between countries.
“There is no coordination of ideas” currently, Reuters reports Branson as saying. “In a war situation, you literally have a war room, and we have a crisis that is bigger than World War I and II combined.”
Branson, who has offered a $25 million prize for an invention to remove carbon dioxide from the environment, urged the 20 richest nations to match his offer. Branson says the $525 million scientific prize would be the largest in history.
Energy Manager News
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned
- Energy Managers Buoyed By Supreme Court’s Demand Response Decision
- Dover, N.H., Saves More Than Projected Under EPC
- Datacenters Underestimating Coal Use
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‘Bang for the Buck’