Branson Calls For Climate ‘War Room’
At a UN climate meeting, Richard Branson, head of Virgin Group, offered to set up an “environmental war room” to combat climate change, Wired reports. He envisions a quasi-independent but UN-linked office that would promote climate change best practices and mediate between countries.
“There is no coordination of ideas” currently, Reuters reports Branson as saying. “In a war situation, you literally have a war room, and we have a crisis that is bigger than World War I and II combined.”
Branson, who has offered a $25 million prize for an invention to remove carbon dioxide from the environment, urged the 20 richest nations to match his offer. Branson says the $525 million scientific prize would be the largest in history.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store