Branson Calls For Climate ‘War Room’
At a UN climate meeting, Richard Branson, head of Virgin Group, offered to set up an “environmental war room” to combat climate change, Wired reports. He envisions a quasi-independent but UN-linked office that would promote climate change best practices and mediate between countries.
“There is no coordination of ideas” currently, Reuters reports Branson as saying. “In a war situation, you literally have a war room, and we have a crisis that is bigger than World War I and II combined.”
Branson, who has offered a $25 million prize for an invention to remove carbon dioxide from the environment, urged the 20 richest nations to match his offer. Branson says the $525 million scientific prize would be the largest in history.
Energy Manager News
- Geothermal Heating and Cooling is Worth Another Look
- Bruce County, Ontario, Tabs Ecosystem
- Oklahoma University Scores Almost $300K Incentive
- Smart Tech Takes Over, Bolstered By Record Investment
- Amendment 4 in Florida Would Expand Solar Property Tax Exemptions to C&I Ratepayers
- Pennsylvania PUC Approves Temporary Waiver of ‘Instant Connect’ Confirmation Letters
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along