Branson Calls For Climate ‘War Room’
At a UN climate meeting, Richard Branson, head of Virgin Group, offered to set up an “environmental war room” to combat climate change, Wired reports. He envisions a quasi-independent but UN-linked office that would promote climate change best practices and mediate between countries.
“There is no coordination of ideas” currently, Reuters reports Branson as saying. “In a war situation, you literally have a war room, and we have a crisis that is bigger than World War I and II combined.”
Branson, who has offered a $25 million prize for an invention to remove carbon dioxide from the environment, urged the 20 richest nations to match his offer. Branson says the $525 million scientific prize would be the largest in history.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Efficiency and Waste Disposal Grow Closer
- Worcester School Gets Grant to Complete LED Retrofit
- Cree Recalls Lamps
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- Atlantic City Electric Rate Increase Settled; PowerAhead Funding Deferred to Phase II
- TVA Reduces Budget Requirements and Continues Investing in Cleaner Power
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report