Highmark Named Top Green IT User
Computerworld has released a list of what it considers to be the top 12 green user companies, as well as the green dozen IT vendors.
Highmark was named the top user In the past, the company had spent about $45,000 each month on electricity for its data center, a 24,000-square-foot, Tier 1 facility. The company’s new data center is an 86,000-square-foot, Tier 3 facility with some 28,000 feet of raised flooring. Its electricity costs are the same: $45,000 per month.
Follow links on the top 12 users for the profile stories:The Top 12 Green-IT Users
1. Highmark Inc.
2. Discovery Communications LLC
3. First National of Nebraska Inc.
4. Perkins+Will Inc.
5. Snohomish Public Utility District
6. World Wildlife Fund
7. Austin Energy
8. WellPoint Inc.
9. Ryder System Inc.
10. Marriott International Inc.
11. Monsanto Co.
12. Wachovia Corp.
The Top 12 Green-IT Vendors
2. BT Group PLC
3. Qualcomm Inc.
4. Aplicor Inc.
5. Fujitsu America Inc.
6. Microsoft Corp.
7. Hewlett-Packard Co.
8. Network Appliance Inc.
9. Other World Computing
10. Verizon Wireless
11. Computer Sciences Corp.
12. Sun Microsystems Inc.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store