Highmark Named Top Green IT User
Computerworld has released a list of what it considers to be the top 12 green user companies, as well as the green dozen IT vendors.
Highmark was named the top user In the past, the company had spent about $45,000 each month on electricity for its data center, a 24,000-square-foot, Tier 1 facility. The company’s new data center is an 86,000-square-foot, Tier 3 facility with some 28,000 feet of raised flooring. Its electricity costs are the same: $45,000 per month.
Follow links on the top 12 users for the profile stories:The Top 12 Green-IT Users
1. Highmark Inc.
2. Discovery Communications LLC
3. First National of Nebraska Inc.
4. Perkins+Will Inc.
5. Snohomish Public Utility District
6. World Wildlife Fund
7. Austin Energy
8. WellPoint Inc.
9. Ryder System Inc.
10. Marriott International Inc.
11. Monsanto Co.
12. Wachovia Corp.
The Top 12 Green-IT Vendors
2. BT Group PLC
3. Qualcomm Inc.
4. Aplicor Inc.
5. Fujitsu America Inc.
6. Microsoft Corp.
7. Hewlett-Packard Co.
8. Network Appliance Inc.
9. Other World Computing
10. Verizon Wireless
11. Computer Sciences Corp.
12. Sun Microsystems Inc.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE