Philips Says Green Products Represent 20% Of Sales
Royal Philips Electronics has seen a 33 percent increase in sales of green products in 2007, as published in the companyâ€™s 10th annual Sustainability Report (PDF). All three Philips sectors – Healthcare, Lighting and Consumer Lifestyle – showed an increase in sales of green products in 2007, resulting in total Green Product sales of EUR 5.3 billion in 2007, compared with EUR 4 billion in 2006.
In September 2007, Philips announced its EcoVision4 program aiming to double sales of green products to 30 percent of total revenues within five years. Philips is well on its way to achieving this target, with green product sales accounting for 20 percent of total Philips sales in 2007, compared with 15 percent in 2006.
Green lighting sales increased 17 percent. The biggest increase was in the home lighting market followed closely by lighting solutions for retail outlets and street lighting as well as LED lighting.
Sales of green healthcare products increased 35 percent boosted in particular by the MRI scanner range as well as patient monitors.
The Consumer Lifestyle sector reaped the benefits of a drive over the last year to improve the energy efficiency of its products across the board, showing a significant increase of 91 percent in sales of green products.
In May, General Electric said it had doubled sales from environmentally friendly products to $12 billion over the past two years.
In October, P&G announced plans to generate at least $20 billion in cumulative sales of products with reduced environmental impact over the next five years.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store