Duke Energy Plans To Sell Carbon Offsets
Duke Energy plans to offer customers the chance to buy carbon dioxide offsets, The Charlotte Observer reports.
Duke’s program would expand on an existing NC GreenPower program, which allows N.C. utility customers to contribute through their power bill payments to renewable energy.
The cost to customers of the new program still has to be worked out, but the NC GreenPower program sells a 100-kilowatt block for $4.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls