Duke Energy Plans To Sell Carbon Offsets
Duke Energy plans to offer customers the chance to buy carbon dioxide offsets, The Charlotte Observer reports.
Duke’s program would expand on an existing NC GreenPower program, which allows N.C. utility customers to contribute through their power bill payments to renewable energy.
The cost to customers of the new program still has to be worked out, but the NC GreenPower program sells a 100-kilowatt block for $4.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike