Duke Energy Plans To Sell Carbon Offsets
Duke Energy plans to offer customers the chance to buy carbon dioxide offsets, The Charlotte Observer reports.
Duke’s program would expand on an existing NC GreenPower program, which allows N.C. utility customers to contribute through their power bill payments to renewable energy.
The cost to customers of the new program still has to be worked out, but the NC GreenPower program sells a 100-kilowatt block for $4.
Energy Manager News
- US Military Taking No Risks by Going Green, Saving Lives and Energy
- Affordable Housing Pushes Energy Efficiency
- Controlling Air Conditioners
- ZTE, Tancent Develop Modular Data Center
- First Quarter 2016: Green Energy Growing Faster than Natural Gas
- Delmarva Power Asks for Over $80M in Electric and Gas Base Rate Hikes
- Florida Supreme Court Puts Kibosh on FPL Fracking Charge
- Restaurant Supply Company Bakes Energy Efficiency into New Facility