Duke Energy Plans To Sell Carbon Offsets
Duke Energy plans to offer customers the chance to buy carbon dioxide offsets, The Charlotte Observer reports.
Duke’s program would expand on an existing NC GreenPower program, which allows N.C. utility customers to contribute through their power bill payments to renewable energy.
The cost to customers of the new program still has to be worked out, but the NC GreenPower program sells a 100-kilowatt block for $4.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs