Duke Energy Plans To Sell Carbon Offsets
Duke Energy plans to offer customers the chance to buy carbon dioxide offsets, The Charlotte Observer reports.
Duke’s program would expand on an existing NC GreenPower program, which allows N.C. utility customers to contribute through their power bill payments to renewable energy.
The cost to customers of the new program still has to be worked out, but the NC GreenPower program sells a 100-kilowatt block for $4.
Energy Manager News
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo