Porche Will Fight London’s Emissions Tax
Porsche says it will fight London’s £25 daily charge for cars with low fuel efficiency, The Times Online reports.
The company, which failed to persuade any other car manufacturer to support its case, has given Ken Livingstone, the Mayor of London, 14 days to reconsider the emissions-related charge or face an application for a judicial review.
Under Livingstone’s plan, cars producing more than 225g/km will pay £25 a day, those emitting under 121g/km will pay nothing and all others will continue to pay £8, according to the article. The Porsche Cayenne Turbo produces 358g/km.
Energy Manager News
- New Green Advancements in Hospital Environments
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016