Global Warming Changing Corporate Mindset
Climate change is beginning to change the mind-sets, policies and actions of corporate heads, financiers and entrepreneurs as well as leaders of organized labor, governments and the United Nations itself, according to the United Nations Environment Programme’s (UNEP) Year Book (PDF).
Increasingly, combating climate change is being perceived as an opportunity rather than a burden and a path to a new kind of prosperity as opposed to a brake on profits and employment, according to the report.
The UNEP Year Book 2008 says the emerging green economy is also driving invention, innovation and the imagination of engineers on a scale perhaps not witnessed since the industrial revolution of more than two centuries ago.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- 365 Companies Throw Support Behind EPA’s Clean Power Plan
- Server Virtualization Requires More Thought for Energy Use
- Cities Should Engage with the Clean Power Plan — Here’s How
- Tips for a Better BAS Investment
- CHP Power Plants with Fuel Cells Offered in Europe
- Only 5% of Small Buildings are Green Buildings
- CHP Integration and Maintenance
- Chicago Archdiocese to Energy Benchmark 2,700 Buildings