Sony To ‘Address Consumers Directly’ About Environment
Sony says it will address consumers directly across various channels to enhance the communication of meaningful environmental information, vnunet.com reports. Sony was one of the companies that signed the Tokyo Declaration at the Climate Savers recent summit in Japan.
Sony has vowed to promote a low-carbon lifestyle to consumers, and to make its carbon footprint more transparent by highlighting related reduction activities. “This should ultimately help the consumer to make the right decision when it comes to their own contribution to sustainability through their purchase,” said Serge Foucher, executive vice president at Sony Europe.
Sony claims to be the biggest single-company purchaser of renewable energy in Japan.
Energy Manager News
- New Energy Efficiency Law Could be Boon for HVAC Industry
- Black & Veatch World Headquarters Microgrid
- Caterpillar, First Solar Join to Develop Microgrids
- Hospital Reduces Energy 12%
- Cree LEDs Light 42-Campus Toledo Public School District
- Soraa Offers LED with Wireless Control
- States Use Energy Resource Permanent Funds for Various Purposes
- One Man’s Experience with Engaging Building Operators