Sony To ‘Address Consumers Directly’ About Environment
Sony says it will address consumers directly across various channels to enhance the communication of meaningful environmental information, vnunet.com reports. Sony was one of the companies that signed the Tokyo Declaration at the Climate Savers recent summit in Japan.
Sony has vowed to promote a low-carbon lifestyle to consumers, and to make its carbon footprint more transparent by highlighting related reduction activities. “This should ultimately help the consumer to make the right decision when it comes to their own contribution to sustainability through their purchase,” said Serge Foucher, executive vice president at Sony Europe.
Sony claims to be the biggest single-company purchaser of renewable energy in Japan.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls