Sony To ‘Address Consumers Directly’ About Environment
Sony says it will address consumers directly across various channels to enhance the communication of meaningful environmental information, vnunet.com reports. Sony was one of the companies that signed the Tokyo Declaration at the Climate Savers recent summit in Japan.
Sony has vowed to promote a low-carbon lifestyle to consumers, and to make its carbon footprint more transparent by highlighting related reduction activities. “This should ultimately help the consumer to make the right decision when it comes to their own contribution to sustainability through their purchase,” said Serge Foucher, executive vice president at Sony Europe.
Sony claims to be the biggest single-company purchaser of renewable energy in Japan.
Energy Manager News
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tecogen Lands Deal in Coney Island, NY
- SCS Provides LEDs to AZ Stores in Arizona
- New Green Advancements in Hospital Environments
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike