Sony To ‘Address Consumers Directly’ About Environment
Sony says it will address consumers directly across various channels to enhance the communication of meaningful environmental information, vnunet.com reports. Sony was one of the companies that signed the Tokyo Declaration at the Climate Savers recent summit in Japan.
Sony has vowed to promote a low-carbon lifestyle to consumers, and to make its carbon footprint more transparent by highlighting related reduction activities. “This should ultimately help the consumer to make the right decision when it comes to their own contribution to sustainability through their purchase,” said Serge Foucher, executive vice president at Sony Europe.
Sony claims to be the biggest single-company purchaser of renewable energy in Japan.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading The University of Mount Olive in North Carolina
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE