Sony To ‘Address Consumers Directly’ About Environment
Sony says it will address consumers directly across various channels to enhance the communication of meaningful environmental information, vnunet.com reports. Sony was one of the companies that signed the Tokyo Declaration at the Climate Savers recent summit in Japan.
Sony has vowed to promote a low-carbon lifestyle to consumers, and to make its carbon footprint more transparent by highlighting related reduction activities. “This should ultimately help the consumer to make the right decision when it comes to their own contribution to sustainability through their purchase,” said Serge Foucher, executive vice president at Sony Europe.
Sony claims to be the biggest single-company purchaser of renewable energy in Japan.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending August 28
- Columbus Energy Challenge Falling Short
- Building on Alaskan Campus Gets LEED Certification
- BT Group Launches Division to Help Property Owners
- Price of Renewables Approaching Fossil Fuels, Nuclear
- The Use of Renewables in Mining Operations
- ASHRAE Proposes “Backbone” for Building Rating Programs
- Greenskies Enlarges Wesleyan University’s Microgrid