Green Movement Influencing Kitchen Products
In the Home Design Trends Survey for the fourth quarter of 2007, residential architects report that the number and size of kitchens are still increasing in popularity, according to the American Institute of Architects.
As with other parts of the home, there is growing interest in “green” features in the kitchen. Renewable flooring materials (e.g., bamboo and cork) was seen as growing in popularity by a majority of residential architects, as was renewable material countertops (e.g., concrete and bamboo).
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland