Green Movement Influencing Kitchen Products
In the Home Design Trends Survey for the fourth quarter of 2007, residential architects report that the number and size of kitchens are still increasing in popularity, according to the American Institute of Architects.
As with other parts of the home, there is growing interest in “green” features in the kitchen. Renewable flooring materials (e.g., bamboo and cork) was seen as growing in popularity by a majority of residential architects, as was renewable material countertops (e.g., concrete and bamboo).
Energy Manager News
- IRS to Buildings Owners: “We’re From the Government and We’re Here to Help”
- CT Hospital, Soltage, Tenaska Unveil Solar Plant
- FAA Pays to Upgrade Airport Hangar Heating
- Maryland Electric Coops Mount FERC Challenge to Community Solar Garden Retail Prices
- SEIA Releases Updated Version of ‘Guide to Federal Tax Incentives’
- Energy Efficiency and Waste Disposal Grow Closer
- Worcester School Gets Grant to Complete LED Retrofit
- Cree Recalls Lamps