Green Movement Influencing Kitchen Products
In the Home Design Trends Survey for the fourth quarter of 2007, residential architects report that the number and size of kitchens are still increasing in popularity, according to the American Institute of Architects.
As with other parts of the home, there is growing interest in “green” features in the kitchen. Renewable flooring materials (e.g., bamboo and cork) was seen as growing in popularity by a majority of residential architects, as was renewable material countertops (e.g., concrete and bamboo).
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Chicago Archdiocese to Energy Benchmark 2,700 Buildings
- IBM Tests Heat-Pump Cooling of Data Centers
- Bosch, Toyota Join CalCharge Energy Storage Effort
- CHP Projects Increase in the UK
- Building Retrofitted with Air-Duct Delivery System for Roof-top Units
- Refurbished Air Coils Save Energy for Four Seasons Hotel
- Trane Expands Series of Cold Generator Scroll Chillers
- Cooling System Eliminates Chemicals by ‘Pulsing’ the Water