Sustainability Not Major Topic In Energy Industry Boardrooms
More than two-thirds of 81 energy industry executives surveyed by KPMG LLP said they regarded sustainability as an important element of their businesses, AP reports. Yet less than one-fifth of respondents said sustainability was a permanent agenda item at board meetings, and 29 percent said it had never come up at such gatherings.
Only about one-half said their organizations were currently sustainable. Roughly one-third said they were working toward sustainability.
More than half the executives said they believed sustainability would make them more competitive, in part by improving the image of their company.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend