Sustainability Not Major Topic In Energy Industry Boardrooms
More than two-thirds of 81 energy industry executives surveyed by KPMG LLP said they regarded sustainability as an important element of their businesses, AP reports. Yet less than one-fifth of respondents said sustainability was a permanent agenda item at board meetings, and 29 percent said it had never come up at such gatherings.
Only about one-half said their organizations were currently sustainable. Roughly one-third said they were working toward sustainability.
More than half the executives said they believed sustainability would make them more competitive, in part by improving the image of their company.
Energy Manager News
- Turning Data into Knowledge–and Action
- STULZ, CoolIT Enter Data Center Cooling Pact
- Smart Grid Partnership Announced in Europe
- Wisconsin Power & Light Files for Higher Residential Base Rates, Lower Commercial Rates
- NMPRC Orders Extension in PNM Rate Case
- US Military Taking No Risks by Going Green, Saving Lives and Energy
- Affordable Housing Pushes Energy Efficiency
- Controlling Air Conditioners