Sustainability Not Major Topic In Energy Industry Boardrooms
More than two-thirds of 81 energy industry executives surveyed by KPMG LLP said they regarded sustainability as an important element of their businesses, AP reports. Yet less than one-fifth of respondents said sustainability was a permanent agenda item at board meetings, and 29 percent said it had never come up at such gatherings.
Only about one-half said their organizations were currently sustainable. Roughly one-third said they were working toward sustainability.
More than half the executives said they believed sustainability would make them more competitive, in part by improving the image of their company.
Energy Manager News
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves
- Constellation Acquiring Retail Electricity, Natural Gas Businesses from ConEdison Solutions
- Peninsula Clean Energy Authority Chooses Direct Energy as Supplier
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms
- DC Pushes Renewables
- Stockton Tabs Ygrene for PACE Financing
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016