Sustainability Not Major Topic In Energy Industry Boardrooms
More than two-thirds of 81 energy industry executives surveyed by KPMG LLP said they regarded sustainability as an important element of their businesses, AP reports. Yet less than one-fifth of respondents said sustainability was a permanent agenda item at board meetings, and 29 percent said it had never come up at such gatherings.
Only about one-half said their organizations were currently sustainable. Roughly one-third said they were working toward sustainability.
More than half the executives said they believed sustainability would make them more competitive, in part by improving the image of their company.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Department of Energy Announces $102M in Solar Funding
- Important Issues Surround Batteries and Buildings
- Powerit, UniEnergy, Mission Produce in Avocado Deal
- Energy Efficiency Moves in Colorado
- Proctor & Gamble: Emissions to be Cut 30% by 2020
- DOE to Invest $10 Million as Part of New “Smart Cities” Initiative
- Detention Center Saves on Natural Gas Transport
- Large Solar Array Being Built by Elizabethtown College