Sustainability Not Major Topic In Energy Industry Boardrooms
More than two-thirds of 81 energy industry executives surveyed by KPMG LLP said they regarded sustainability as an important element of their businesses, AP reports. Yet less than one-fifth of respondents said sustainability was a permanent agenda item at board meetings, and 29 percent said it had never come up at such gatherings.
Only about one-half said their organizations were currently sustainable. Roughly one-third said they were working toward sustainability.
More than half the executives said they believed sustainability would make them more competitive, in part by improving the image of their company.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store