Westar Releases Energy Plan
Westar says its strategy embraces state and federal policies encouraging greater reliance on energy efficiency and the development of more transmission and renewable energy sources.
It calls for “deferring as long as possible” constructing a new conventional coal plant, but maintaining existing coal plants and making investments in them to improve their environmental performance.
“We are staying true to our mission as an electric-only utility with this strategy,” said Bill Moore, Westar president and CEO. “We recognize and respect that there will be differences as to how best we should proceed.”
The figure below illustrates the emission reductions Westar expects to realize from ts environmental projects.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls