Westar Releases Energy Plan
Westar says its strategy embraces state and federal policies encouraging greater reliance on energy efficiency and the development of more transmission and renewable energy sources.
It calls for “deferring as long as possible” constructing a new conventional coal plant, but maintaining existing coal plants and making investments in them to improve their environmental performance.
“We are staying true to our mission as an electric-only utility with this strategy,” said Bill Moore, Westar president and CEO. “We recognize and respect that there will be differences as to how best we should proceed.”
The figure below illustrates the emission reductions Westar expects to realize from ts environmental projects.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store