Westar Releases Energy Plan
Westar says its strategy embraces state and federal policies encouraging greater reliance on energy efficiency and the development of more transmission and renewable energy sources.
It calls for “deferring as long as possible” constructing a new conventional coal plant, but maintaining existing coal plants and making investments in them to improve their environmental performance.
“We are staying true to our mission as an electric-only utility with this strategy,” said Bill Moore, Westar president and CEO. “We recognize and respect that there will be differences as to how best we should proceed.”
The figure below illustrates the emission reductions Westar expects to realize from ts environmental projects.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Datacenter Cooling
- The Advantages of Metal Roofs
- PACE Loan Program in Pulaski County, AK
- Online Tool Introduced in Vermont
- SWL&P Looks to Increase Electric Revenues by Over $2 Million
- Schneider Electric’s NEO Network: Helping Make Efficiency Projects Real
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves