Westar Releases Energy Plan
Westar says its strategy embraces state and federal policies encouraging greater reliance on energy efficiency and the development of more transmission and renewable energy sources.
It calls for “deferring as long as possible” constructing a new conventional coal plant, but maintaining existing coal plants and making investments in them to improve their environmental performance.
“We are staying true to our mission as an electric-only utility with this strategy,” said Bill Moore, Westar president and CEO. “We recognize and respect that there will be differences as to how best we should proceed.”
The figure below illustrates the emission reductions Westar expects to realize from ts environmental projects.
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.