J.R. Simplot Tops Portfolio’s List Of Polluters
The March issue of Conde Nast Portfolio highlights the best and worst, according to Portfolio, companies on environmental records:
Some of the best:
- Bank of America
- General Electric
- Organic Valley
- Tesla Motors
- Whole Foods
- City of Austin, Texas
More on Portfolio’s Green 11 here.
Some of the worst:
- J.R. Simplot Co.
- Ford Motor
- Southern Co.
- American Electric Power
- Massey Energy
More on Portfolio’s Toxic 10 here.
Chevron seemed particularly upset to be included in Portfolio’s “Toxic 10.” They even went to the trouble of writing a rebuttal which begins with this succinct line: “There is no justification for including Chevron in this list.”
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B