J.R. Simplot Tops Portfolio’s List Of Polluters
The March issue of Conde Nast Portfolio highlights the best and worst, according to Portfolio, companies on environmental records:
Some of the best:
- Bank of America
- General Electric
- Organic Valley
- Tesla Motors
- Whole Foods
- City of Austin, Texas
More on Portfolio’s Green 11 here.
Some of the worst:
- J.R. Simplot Co.
- Ford Motor
- Southern Co.
- American Electric Power
- Massey Energy
More on Portfolio’s Toxic 10 here.
Chevron seemed particularly upset to be included in Portfolio’s “Toxic 10.” They even went to the trouble of writing a rebuttal which begins with this succinct line: “There is no justification for including Chevron in this list.”
Energy Manager News
- PACE Financing Makes Progress but Still Encounters Opposition
- Grand View: Datacenter Cooling Market Worth $17.78B by 2024
- Idaho Opens First Solar Farm
- What You Need To Know About Green Insulation: Green Seal’s New Standard
- Obama Administration to Provide Up to $4.5 billion in Loan Guarantees for Electric Charging Stations
- Minnesota PUC Approves New Rate Structure, Size Cap for Solar Gardens
- Maine PUC Endorses Natural Gas Pipeline Expansion at Expense of Ratepayers
- Geothermal Heating and Cooling is Worth Another Look