J.R. Simplot Tops Portfolio’s List Of Polluters
The March issue of Conde Nast Portfolio highlights the best and worst, according to Portfolio, companies on environmental records:
Some of the best:
- Bank of America
- General Electric
- Organic Valley
- Tesla Motors
- Whole Foods
- City of Austin, Texas
More on Portfolio’s Green 11 here.
Some of the worst:
- J.R. Simplot Co.
- Ford Motor
- Southern Co.
- American Electric Power
- Massey Energy
More on Portfolio’s Toxic 10 here.
Chevron seemed particularly upset to be included in Portfolio’s “Toxic 10.” They even went to the trouble of writing a rebuttal which begins with this succinct line: “There is no justification for including Chevron in this list.”
Energy Manager News
- Entergy Arkansas Reaches Rate Settlement
- EMEX Named TEPA Aggregator/Broker/Consultant of the Year
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: October 21, 2016
- Could Cleaner Energy Save Ohio Ratepayers $50M in 2030, Alone?
- Yakima City Council Mulls Utility Rate Hike on Large Businesses to Bolster Reserve Fund