J.R. Simplot Tops Portfolio’s List Of Polluters
The March issue of Conde Nast Portfolio highlights the best and worst, according to Portfolio, companies on environmental records:
Some of the best:
- Bank of America
- General Electric
- Organic Valley
- Tesla Motors
- Whole Foods
- City of Austin, Texas
More on Portfolio’s Green 11 here.
Some of the worst:
- J.R. Simplot Co.
- Ford Motor
- Southern Co.
- American Electric Power
- Massey Energy
More on Portfolio’s Toxic 10 here.
Chevron seemed particularly upset to be included in Portfolio’s “Toxic 10.” They even went to the trouble of writing a rebuttal which begins with this succinct line: “There is no justification for including Chevron in this list.”
Energy Manager News
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy to Launch Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger