J.R. Simplot Tops Portfolio’s List Of Polluters
The March issue of Conde Nast Portfolio highlights the best and worst, according to Portfolio, companies on environmental records:
Some of the best:
- Bank of America
- General Electric
- Organic Valley
- Tesla Motors
- Whole Foods
- City of Austin, Texas
More on Portfolio’s Green 11 here.
Some of the worst:
- J.R. Simplot Co.
- Ford Motor
- Southern Co.
- American Electric Power
- Massey Energy
More on Portfolio’s Toxic 10 here.
Chevron seemed particularly upset to be included in Portfolio’s “Toxic 10.” They even went to the trouble of writing a rebuttal which begins with this succinct line: “There is no justification for including Chevron in this list.”
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend