UTC Releases 2007 CSR Report, GHG Emissions Down 5%
United Technologies Corp. has released its 2007 corporate social responsibility report (PDF).
The company’s environmental objective is to cut greenhouse gas emissions three percent annually and water consumption 2.5 percent annually from 2007 to 2010. In 2007, the company says it cut greenhouse gas emissions five percent and water consumption six percent.
The company had also set a goal of investing $100 million from 2007 to 2010 in energy conservation projects, including co-generation systems. In 2007, UTC says it identified more than 600 projects valued at $80 million and funded $31 million – half of which supports co-generation systems.
In 2007, UTC says that more than 1,000 suppliers representing approximately 40 percent of UTC’s product spend completed self-assessments against baseline EH&S expectations. Eighty-one percent have met the criteria. UTC says that it aims to have 100 percent of corrective actions closed by the end of 2010.
Other 2007 notes –
-A co-generation system at Pratt & Whitney’s Middletown, Connecticut, facility is operational.
-UTC’s Newington, Connecticut, data center is installing a UTC Power PureComfort system which will be running in 2008.
-The company says that Co-generation systems at Sikorsky in Stratford, Connecticut, and Hamilton Sundstrand in Windsor Locks, Connecticut, will be on line in 2009 and 2010, respectively.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council