Google, News Corp., Patagonia, Others Form Calif. Green Power Group
Fourteen California companies have formed a California affiliate network of The Green Power Group which will share best practices for purchasing and developing renewable energy. The big names involved include Advanced Micro Devices, Apple, BT Americas, Cisco, eBay, Google, Hewlett-Packard, Intel, Intuit, Levi Strauss, News Corporation, Pactiv Corporation, Patagonia, and Wal-Mart.
The Green Power Group ‚Äď California Affiliates is the third commercial and industrial partnership developed by the World Resources Institute. The first two partnerships, the U.S. Green Power Market Development Group and the European Green Power Market Development Group, have developed over 600 megawatts of renewable energy through on-site projects and green power purchases. WRI says that the California affiliates will build on this experience to bring corporate renewable energy purchasing to significant scale in California.
“By working together, these companies hope to see improved green-power purchasing opportunities in the state,‚ÄĚ said Alexander Perera, director of WRI‚Äôs Green Power Market Development Group.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macy‚Äôs Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses