5 Energy Efficiency Tips From Michael Dell
Here are five tips from a CIO interview with Michael Dell about energy efficiency:
- CEOs must be engaged in developing strategies. A top-down energy efficiency strategy works better than a bottom- or middle-up one.
- Consolidating data centers and virtualization are logical first steps.
- Make sure the IT and facilities departments both understand the metrics that are being used to measure the savings and have ironed out a way to share those savings.
- Energy conservation is not a project for just one quarter or one fiscal year.
- Supply chain or procurement partners should be held to the same green standards as your company.
In November, at Oracle OpenWorld 2007, Michael Dell discussed green initiatives in the data center including plans to release a reference architecture that will help enterprises reduce power consumption.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland