5 Energy Efficiency Tips From Michael Dell
Here are five tips from a CIO interview with Michael Dell about energy efficiency:
- CEOs must be engaged in developing strategies. A top-down energy efficiency strategy works better than a bottom- or middle-up one.
- Consolidating data centers and virtualization are logical first steps.
- Make sure the IT and facilities departments both understand the metrics that are being used to measure the savings and have ironed out a way to share those savings.
- Energy conservation is not a project for just one quarter or one fiscal year.
- Supply chain or procurement partners should be held to the same green standards as your company.
In November, at Oracle OpenWorld 2007, Michael Dell discussed green initiatives in the data center including plans to release a reference architecture that will help enterprises reduce power consumption.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform