Stonyfield’s Hirshberg On Corporate Sustainability
Stonyfield Farm’s chief Gary Hirshberg spoke last week at Google headquarters about Stonyfield’s sustainability efforts and about his book, Stirring it Up. He also used companies including Stonyfield Farm, Patagonia, Newman’s Own, and Timberland as examples to prove environmental commitment can add up to a healthier bottom line for businesses.
Among Stonyfield Farm’s initiatives is a grassroots marketing strategy that has included everything from printing yogurt lids with provocative, politically charged messages, to handing out thousands of free samples to subway commuters to thank them for using public transit, and to devising the country’s first organic vending machine.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array