Stonyfield’s Hirshberg On Corporate Sustainability
Stonyfield Farm’s chief Gary Hirshberg spoke last week at Google headquarters about Stonyfield’s sustainability efforts and about his book, Stirring it Up. He also used companies including Stonyfield Farm, Patagonia, Newman’s Own, and Timberland as examples to prove environmental commitment can add up to a healthier bottom line for businesses.
Among Stonyfield Farm’s initiatives is a grassroots marketing strategy that has included everything from printing yogurt lids with provocative, politically charged messages, to handing out thousands of free samples to subway commuters to thank them for using public transit, and to devising the country’s first organic vending machine.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council