Stonyfield’s Hirshberg On Corporate Sustainability
Stonyfield Farm’s chief Gary Hirshberg spoke last week at Google headquarters about Stonyfield’s sustainability efforts and about his book, Stirring it Up. He also used companies including Stonyfield Farm, Patagonia, Newman’s Own, and Timberland as examples to prove environmental commitment can add up to a healthier bottom line for businesses.
Among Stonyfield Farm’s initiatives is a grassroots marketing strategy that has included everything from printing yogurt lids with provocative, politically charged messages, to handing out thousands of free samples to subway commuters to thank them for using public transit, and to devising the country’s first organic vending machine.
Energy Manager News
- Apple, Google, Facebook Throw Weight Around in NC Energy Policy
- 2015 Green Lease Leaders include Landlords, Tenants, Brokers
- Disney World Builds Mickey Mouse-Shaped 5 MW Solar System
- Ohio Businesses Encouraged to Use Cogged V-Belts
- Renewables Share of US Energy Consumption Highest Since 1930s
- ZBB Unveils EMS for C&I Buildings
- Levi Strauss, Gap, Autodesk Support California Clean Energy Bill
- New Hydro-Quebec Data Center to Use Free Cooling