Stonyfield’s Hirshberg On Corporate Sustainability
Stonyfield Farm’s chief Gary Hirshberg spoke last week at Google headquarters about Stonyfield’s sustainability efforts and about his book, Stirring it Up. He also used companies including Stonyfield Farm, Patagonia, Newman’s Own, and Timberland as examples to prove environmental commitment can add up to a healthier bottom line for businesses.
Among Stonyfield Farm’s initiatives is a grassroots marketing strategy that has included everything from printing yogurt lids with provocative, politically charged messages, to handing out thousands of free samples to subway commuters to thank them for using public transit, and to devising the country’s first organic vending machine.
Energy Manager News
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures