Stonyfield’s Hirshberg On Corporate Sustainability
Stonyfield Farm’s chief Gary Hirshberg spoke last week at Google headquarters about Stonyfield’s sustainability efforts and about his book, Stirring it Up. He also used companies including Stonyfield Farm, Patagonia, Newman’s Own, and Timberland as examples to prove environmental commitment can add up to a healthier bottom line for businesses.
Among Stonyfield Farm’s initiatives is a grassroots marketing strategy that has included everything from printing yogurt lids with provocative, politically charged messages, to handing out thousands of free samples to subway commuters to thank them for using public transit, and to devising the country’s first organic vending machine.
Energy Manager News
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016
- In Washington State, a New Rate Is Approved for Cryptocurrency Server Farms
- El Paso Electric Files Unopposed Settlement in Texas Rate Case
- PACE Financing Makes Progress but Still Encounters Opposition
- Grand View: Datacenter Cooling Market Worth $17.78B by 2024
- Idaho Opens First Solar Farm
- What You Need To Know About Green Insulation: Green Seal’s New Standard
- Obama Administration to Provide Up to $4.5 billion in Loan Guarantees for Electric Charging Stations