Virgin Launches GM Fuel Cell SUV Limo Service
Virgin Atlantic will offer passengers Chevrolet Equinox Hydrogen Fuel Cell cars as part of its upper class limo service. Initially passengers in Los Angeles will take part in the trial which is expected to be extended to New York City later this year.
“Our mission to be the sustainable airline is clear, both on the ground and in the air,” said Sir Richard Branson, president of Virgin Atlantic. “Partnerships such as this with General Motors show that we are pioneering in the aviation industry when it comes to reducing emissions at every stage of our passengers’ journey.”
The initiative is part of GM’s Project Driveway market test, which is currently launching 100 Hydrogen Fuel Cell vehicles to streets and driveways in California, New York and Washington DC.
Energy Manager News
- Building a Better Turbine
- Oracle and Opower to Team Up to Make Big Data Even Bigger
- Navigant: Big Growth Ahead for BMSes
- Water, Energy Steps Being Taken at 2 KY Correctional Facilities
- Western EIM Benefits Are Up to Nearly $65M with NV Energy Participation
- FirstEnergy Ohio Seeks Changes to Rate Plan to Ensure Price Stability for Customers
- Utility Data Aggregation: How to Take the Best Approach
- Making the IoT Work for Building Managers