Virgin Launches GM Fuel Cell SUV Limo Service
Virgin Atlantic will offer passengers Chevrolet Equinox Hydrogen Fuel Cell cars as part of its upper class limo service. Initially passengers in Los Angeles will take part in the trial which is expected to be extended to New York City later this year.
“Our mission to be the sustainable airline is clear, both on the ground and in the air,” said Sir Richard Branson, president of Virgin Atlantic. “Partnerships such as this with General Motors show that we are pioneering in the aviation industry when it comes to reducing emissions at every stage of our passengers’ journey.”
The initiative is part of GM’s Project Driveway market test, which is currently launching 100 Hydrogen Fuel Cell vehicles to streets and driveways in California, New York and Washington DC.
Energy Manager News
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs
- GM’s Renewable Efforts Build from the Ground Up
- Fairbanks Completes 4 Building Project in MA