Virgin Launches GM Fuel Cell SUV Limo Service
Virgin Atlantic will offer passengers Chevrolet Equinox Hydrogen Fuel Cell cars as part of its upper class limo service. Initially passengers in Los Angeles will take part in the trial which is expected to be extended to New York City later this year.
“Our mission to be the sustainable airline is clear, both on the ground and in the air,” said Sir Richard Branson, president of Virgin Atlantic. “Partnerships such as this with General Motors show that we are pioneering in the aviation industry when it comes to reducing emissions at every stage of our passengers’ journey.”
The initiative is part of GM’s Project Driveway market test, which is currently launching 100 Hydrogen Fuel Cell vehicles to streets and driveways in California, New York and Washington DC.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management