Nestle Releases CSR Report
At a joint Nestle-UN Global Compact event in New York, Peter Brabeck-Letmathe, Chairman and CEO of Nestle, presented the company’s first Creating Shared Value report (read CSR report), including new figures on the impact of its business activities on the environment and society across the world.
In 2007, Nestle says it reduced its direct greenhouse gas emissions by 16 percent compared to ten years ago, and its overall water withdrawal by 28 percent, while at the same time increasing the total volume of goods produced by 76 percent. In 2007, Nestle invested over CHF 100 million in environment-related industrial improvements, as well as around CHF 170 million in new production facilities in Brazil, Pakistan and China. The company also continued to provide free technical assistance to over 600,000 farmers in the developing world, including CHF 30 million in micro-credits.
Energy Manager News
- Atlantic City Electric Rate Increase Settled; PowerAhead Funding Deferred to Phase II
- TVA Reduces Budget Requirements and Continues Investing in Cleaner Power
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates