Nestle Releases CSR Report
At a joint Nestle-UN Global Compact event in New York, Peter Brabeck-Letmathe, Chairman and CEO of Nestle, presented the company’s first Creating Shared Value report (read CSR report), including new figures on the impact of its business activities on the environment and society across the world.
In 2007, Nestle says it reduced its direct greenhouse gas emissions by 16 percent compared to ten years ago, and its overall water withdrawal by 28 percent, while at the same time increasing the total volume of goods produced by 76 percent. In 2007, Nestle invested over CHF 100 million in environment-related industrial improvements, as well as around CHF 170 million in new production facilities in Brazil, Pakistan and China. The company also continued to provide free technical assistance to over 600,000 farmers in the developing world, including CHF 30 million in micro-credits.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council