Forrester Predicts $4.8B Green IT Consulting Market By 2013
The overall market for green IT services will peak at $4.8 billion in 2013, according to a new Forrester report, The Dawn of Green IT Services.It’s a $500 million market for 2008, InfoWorld reports, but Forrester expects that spending on green IT services among enterprise users will grow by 60 percent annually over the next five years.
Forrester predicts that companies such as Dell, HP, Sun, and Intel will gain some traction in the market as they offer services around datacenter energy efficiency. However, long-run winners will take a company-wide approach. Such approaches are being pioneered by companies like Accenture, Deloitte, IBM, and EDS, according to Forrester.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array