Sony Recycles Commercials To Promote Recycling
Sony has pulled some old commercials out of the closet to promote dozens of free consumer recycling events, AdAge reports. The outdated equipment in the commercials is supposed to emphasize the idea that Sony is “recycling our old commercials to remind you to recycle your old electronics.”A marketing campaign will run in each of the targeted markets before the scheduled 40 recycling events. The first one is set for this weekend at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego. Omnicom Group’s BBDO is handling the campaign.
Sony launched its green recycling initiative last August. The company is working with Waste Management’s WM Recycle America to set up e-waste recycling points within 20 miles of the majority of U.S. consumers. So far they have around 100.
Energy Manager News
- The Evolution of Customer Renewable Energy Choice
- Target, adidas, Walmart Honored for Efficient Roof-Top Units
- Rising Tide of Energy Storage Floats all Boats
- Better Buildings Alliance Launches Indoor Lighting Campaign for Commercial Buildings
- Scaling of Energy Storage Market Hinges on ESSI Vendors
- CalCom Solar to Deploy 1.1MW at Dairy
- Raritan Combines DCIM, IT Management for Data Centers
- Army to Save $113M Over 19 Years with CHP Plant