Sony Recycles Commercials To Promote Recycling
Sony has pulled some old commercials out of the closet to promote dozens of free consumer recycling events, AdAge reports. The outdated equipment in the commercials is supposed to emphasize the idea that Sony is “recycling our old commercials to remind you to recycle your old electronics.”A marketing campaign will run in each of the targeted markets before the scheduled 40 recycling events. The first one is set for this weekend at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego. Omnicom Group’s BBDO is handling the campaign.
Sony launched its green recycling initiative last August. The company is working with Waste Management’s WM Recycle America to set up e-waste recycling points within 20 miles of the majority of U.S. consumers. So far they have around 100.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs