Sony Recycles Commercials To Promote Recycling
Sony has pulled some old commercials out of the closet to promote dozens of free consumer recycling events, AdAge reports. The outdated equipment in the commercials is supposed to emphasize the idea that Sony is “recycling our old commercials to remind you to recycle your old electronics.”A marketing campaign will run in each of the targeted markets before the scheduled 40 recycling events. The first one is set for this weekend at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego. Omnicom Group’s BBDO is handling the campaign.
Sony launched its green recycling initiative last August. The company is working with Waste Management’s WM Recycle America to set up e-waste recycling points within 20 miles of the majority of U.S. consumers. So far they have around 100.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market
- UCLA Creates The L.A. Energy Atlas
- Santa Cruz Saves with Six Battery Tower
- Using the IoT to Drive Power Plant Efficiency