Sony Recycles Commercials To Promote Recycling
Sony has pulled some old commercials out of the closet to promote dozens of free consumer recycling events, AdAge reports. The outdated equipment in the commercials is supposed to emphasize the idea that Sony is “recycling our old commercials to remind you to recycle your old electronics.”A marketing campaign will run in each of the targeted markets before the scheduled 40 recycling events. The first one is set for this weekend at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego. Omnicom Group’s BBDO is handling the campaign.
Sony launched its green recycling initiative last August. The company is working with Waste Management’s WM Recycle America to set up e-waste recycling points within 20 miles of the majority of U.S. consumers. So far they have around 100.
Energy Manager News
- Natural Gas Pipeline Congestion is Squeezing Energy Managers
- New Hampshire Raises Net Metering Cap
- NEPGA: Canadian Hydro Contracts Could Cost Consumers $777M Annually
- Building a Better Turbine
- Oracle and Opower to Team Up to Make Big Data Even Bigger
- Navigant: Big Growth Ahead for BMSes
- Water, Energy Steps Being Taken at 2 KY Correctional Facilities
- Western EIM Benefits Are Up to Nearly $65M with NV Energy Participation