GE’s Green Marketing Results In Consumer Awareness
When respondents to EcoAlign’s third EcoPinion Survey were shown a mix of 12 companies representing various industries and asked which they thought were most committed to using or providing renewable energy, 81 percent picked GE. Toyota was second at 65 percent.
Fifty-four percent of consumers could not name, on an unaided basis, a company who supplied renewable or “green” energy.
Overall, the report finds that very few brands have any resonance in the market for green products and services. Consumers also largely have a neutral, wait-and-see stance on company commitments and leadership on renewable energy, energy efficiency and the environment.
Findings from the EcoPinion Survey Report include:
- Seventy-one percent of respondents were not familiar, on an aided basis, with ten “pure play” companies in the renewable and green energy space.
- When asked about how committed respondents thought their electric utilities are to promoting or providing renewable energy or energy efficiency, ratings were about evenly split: 31 percent thought not at all committed, 36 percent were neutral and 33 percent rated the commitment level “7” or higher on a ten-point scale.
- Seventy seven percent of consumers think that an energy-efficient or green operational model is the single most important quality of a corporation trying to be an environmental leader.
- Respondents were asked to rate their familiarity with various terms. Seventy-one percent rated their level of familiarity “8-10″ with the term “energy efficiency,” versus only 53 percent for “going green.”
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management