Report Compares Carbon Offset Standards
A new report written by the Stockholm Environment Institute and commissioned by WWF Germany, “Making Sense of the Voluntary Carbon Market: A Comparison of Carbon Offset Standards (exec summary, full report),” looks at the voluntary carbon offset market.
It provides an overview and guide to 10 of the currently available standards – Clean Development Mechanism (CDM), Gold Standard (GS), Voluntary Carbon Standard 2007 (VCS 2007), VER+, Voluntary Offset Standard (VOS), Chicago Climate Exchange (CCX), Climate, Community & Biodiversity Standards (CCBS), Plan Vivo System, ISO 14064-2 , and GHG Protocol for Project Accounting. It uses the CDM as a benchmark.
The report compares the standards side-by-side and includes a one page reference table.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management