Report Compares Carbon Offset Standards
A new report written by the Stockholm Environment Institute and commissioned by WWF Germany, “Making Sense of the Voluntary Carbon Market: A Comparison of Carbon Offset Standards (exec summary, full report),” looks at the voluntary carbon offset market.
It provides an overview and guide to 10 of the currently available standards – Clean Development Mechanism (CDM), Gold Standard (GS), Voluntary Carbon Standard 2007 (VCS 2007), VER+, Voluntary Offset Standard (VOS), Chicago Climate Exchange (CCX), Climate, Community & Biodiversity Standards (CCBS), Plan Vivo System, ISO 14064-2 , and GHG Protocol for Project Accounting. It uses the CDM as a benchmark.
The report compares the standards side-by-side and includes a one page reference table.
Energy Manager News
- SWL&P Looks to Increase Electric Revenues by Over $2 Million
- Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Data Center Cooling
- Schneider Electric’s NEO Network: Helping Make Efficiency Projects Real
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves
- Constellation Acquiring Retail Electricity, Natural Gas Businesses from ConEdison Solutions
- Peninsula Clean Energy Authority Chooses Direct Energy as Supplier
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms