Report Compares Carbon Offset Standards
A new report written by the Stockholm Environment Institute and commissioned by WWF Germany, “Making Sense of the Voluntary Carbon Market: A Comparison of Carbon Offset Standards (exec summary, full report),” looks at the voluntary carbon offset market.
It provides an overview and guide to 10 of the currently available standards – Clean Development Mechanism (CDM), Gold Standard (GS), Voluntary Carbon Standard 2007 (VCS 2007), VER+, Voluntary Offset Standard (VOS), Chicago Climate Exchange (CCX), Climate, Community & Biodiversity Standards (CCBS), Plan Vivo System, ISO 14064-2 , and GHG Protocol for Project Accounting. It uses the CDM as a benchmark.
The report compares the standards side-by-side and includes a one page reference table.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls