Report Compares Carbon Offset Standards
A new report written by the Stockholm Environment Institute and commissioned by WWF Germany, “Making Sense of the Voluntary Carbon Market: A Comparison of Carbon Offset Standards (exec summary, full report),” looks at the voluntary carbon offset market.
It provides an overview and guide to 10 of the currently available standards – Clean Development Mechanism (CDM), Gold Standard (GS), Voluntary Carbon Standard 2007 (VCS 2007), VER+, Voluntary Offset Standard (VOS), Chicago Climate Exchange (CCX), Climate, Community & Biodiversity Standards (CCBS), Plan Vivo System, ISO 14064-2 , and GHG Protocol for Project Accounting. It uses the CDM as a benchmark.
The report compares the standards side-by-side and includes a one page reference table.
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.