Report Compares Carbon Offset Standards
A new report written by the Stockholm Environment Institute and commissioned by WWF Germany, “Making Sense of the Voluntary Carbon Market: A Comparison of Carbon Offset Standards (exec summary, full report),” looks at the voluntary carbon offset market.
It provides an overview and guide to 10 of the currently available standards – Clean Development Mechanism (CDM), Gold Standard (GS), Voluntary Carbon Standard 2007 (VCS 2007), VER+, Voluntary Offset Standard (VOS), Chicago Climate Exchange (CCX), Climate, Community & Biodiversity Standards (CCBS), Plan Vivo System, ISO 14064-2 , and GHG Protocol for Project Accounting. It uses the CDM as a benchmark.
The report compares the standards side-by-side and includes a one page reference table.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland