Stora Enso Pledges To Cut CO2 Emissions 20%
Stora Enso has set a new CO2 reduction target of 20 percent by 2020. The target covers Stora Enso’s direct CO2 emissions from production as well as indirect emissions from purchased electricity and heat. The baseline year for the target is 2006.
The paper and board maker anticipates that the reduction will be primarily achieved through energy efficiency initiatives and the use of biomass.
At the same time Stora Enso presents the results of its carbon footprint study, which was released in its 2007 annual report (PDF).
Stora Enso’s total estimated carbon footprint for 2007 was 4.21 million tonnes of CO2 equivalent.
Energy Manager News
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018