Stora Enso Pledges To Cut CO2 Emissions 20%
Stora Enso has set a new CO2 reduction target of 20 percent by 2020. The target covers Stora Enso’s direct CO2 emissions from production as well as indirect emissions from purchased electricity and heat. The baseline year for the target is 2006.
The paper and board maker anticipates that the reduction will be primarily achieved through energy efficiency initiatives and the use of biomass.
At the same time Stora Enso presents the results of its carbon footprint study, which was released in its 2007 annual report (PDF).
Stora Enso’s total estimated carbon footprint for 2007 was 4.21 million tonnes of CO2 equivalent.
Energy Manager News
- Will Utilities Lease Rooftops of Commercial Buildings for Solar Power Generation?
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- SCTE, ISBE Join Villanova’s RISE Forum
- Unico Using EnerNOC Platform
- Iowa Utilities Get Pushback on Plans for Higher Rooftop Solar Rates
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated – and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities