Stora Enso Pledges To Cut CO2 Emissions 20%
Stora Enso has set a new CO2 reduction target of 20 percent by 2020. The target covers Stora Enso’s direct CO2 emissions from production as well as indirect emissions from purchased electricity and heat. The baseline year for the target is 2006.
The paper and board maker anticipates that the reduction will be primarily achieved through energy efficiency initiatives and the use of biomass.
At the same time Stora Enso presents the results of its carbon footprint study, which was released in its 2007 annual report (PDF).
Stora Enso’s total estimated carbon footprint for 2007 was 4.21 million tonnes of CO2 equivalent.
Energy Manager News
- Some Insurance Companies Invested Too Heavily in Fossil Fuels, says Ceres
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending May 20, 2016
- CAL-ISO Study: Regional Energy Market Could Yield $1.5B in Savings Annually to Ratepayers
- Sands to Stay, But MGM and Wynn Still Plan to Leave NV Energy
- Turning Data into Knowledge–and Action
- STULZ, CoolIT Enter Data Center Cooling Pact
- Smart Grid Partnership Announced in Europe
- Wisconsin Power & Light Files for Higher Residential Base Rates, Lower Commercial Rates