Stora Enso Pledges To Cut CO2 Emissions 20%
Stora Enso has set a new CO2 reduction target of 20 percent by 2020. The target covers Stora Enso’s direct CO2 emissions from production as well as indirect emissions from purchased electricity and heat. The baseline year for the target is 2006.
The paper and board maker anticipates that the reduction will be primarily achieved through energy efficiency initiatives and the use of biomass.
At the same time Stora Enso presents the results of its carbon footprint study, which was released in its 2007 annual report (PDF).
Stora Enso’s total estimated carbon footprint for 2007 was 4.21 million tonnes of CO2 equivalent.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council