Study Maps ‘Mindset’ Of Hybrid Car Owners
Although many new-vehicle buyers may want to purchase an environmentally friendly vehicle, just 11% are “very willing” to pay more to do so, according to the J.D. Power and Associates, MarketingCharts reports.
Those who purchase hybrid vehicles tend to have much higher levels of education and report much higher household income; they are also about four years older than the average new vehicle buyer (54 vs. 50), the study, “2008 Power Auto Offline Media Report – Spring Edition,” found.
Hybrid owners tend to be proud advocates of their vehicles, and they typically provide many more positive recommendations about their ownership experience than do other new vehicle buyers, JD Power said.
Separately, a psychographic profile of hybrid-car owners, developed by Mindset Media, found that people who drive hybrid cars are 78% more likely than the general population to be highly creative – or “Creativity 5s,” in its parlance (See chart above).
That is, they are inventive and imaginative and also tend to be emotionally sensitive and intellectually curious:
The “Mindset Profile” of hybrid car drivers, generated from a recent study conducted using the Nielsen Online panel, also found that hybrid drivers are far more likely to be more liberal than the general population – “Dogmatism 1s”
They tend to be more open-minded, more spontaneous, and more assured of their ability to lead others, the Mindset Media found.
According to JD Power, hybrid buyers and potential hybrid buyers tend to read magazines as such as The New Yorker, Sunset and Wired and are likely to watch cable television channels such as CNN and CNN Headline News.
Read the rest at MarketingCharts.
Energy Manager News
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tecogen Lands Deal in Coney Island, NY
- SCS Provides LEDs to AZ Stores in Arizona