Merrill Lynch Partners With Carbon Disclosure Project
Merrill Lynch’s global reach will be used to consolidate CDP operations in current regions, such as the USA and the UK, and in launching in new regions such as China and Korea. The goal is to accelerate the collection and disclosure of corporate climate change data from more companies.
“CDP has been instrumental in creating a constructive dialogue between companies and the financial markets on new opportunities and risks posed by climate change,” said Merrill Lynch managing director & global head of carbon emissions, Abyd Karmali. “Importantly it has also promoted continuous improvement in corporate reporting on carbon emissions which has been valuable to Merrill Lynch in developing new carbon-related investment products. For example, CDP data were instrumental for Merrill Lynch in launching our Capital Protected Carbon Leaders Europe Index Certificate in 2007.”
Read about CDP’s last report.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Making a Powerful Impact with Solar Proposals in Canada and Beyond
- Renovate America Lands $90M Investment
- Automated Building Envelope Sealing Technology Previewed
- Telecom Towers in India Switching to Hydrogen Fuel Cells
- Energy Star Certified Dehumidifier Introduced
- ESG Upgrades Schools in Alabama, Illinois
- Shedding a Light on Marijuana Growth
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts