Merrill Lynch Partners With Carbon Disclosure Project
Merrill Lynch’s global reach will be used to consolidate CDP operations in current regions, such as the USA and the UK, and in launching in new regions such as China and Korea. The goal is to accelerate the collection and disclosure of corporate climate change data from more companies.
“CDP has been instrumental in creating a constructive dialogue between companies and the financial markets on new opportunities and risks posed by climate change,” said Merrill Lynch managing director & global head of carbon emissions, Abyd Karmali. “Importantly it has also promoted continuous improvement in corporate reporting on carbon emissions which has been valuable to Merrill Lynch in developing new carbon-related investment products. For example, CDP data were instrumental for Merrill Lynch in launching our Capital Protected Carbon Leaders Europe Index Certificate in 2007.”
Read about CDP’s last report.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store