Merrill Lynch Partners With Carbon Disclosure Project
Merrill Lynch’s global reach will be used to consolidate CDP operations in current regions, such as the USA and the UK, and in launching in new regions such as China and Korea. The goal is to accelerate the collection and disclosure of corporate climate change data from more companies.
“CDP has been instrumental in creating a constructive dialogue between companies and the financial markets on new opportunities and risks posed by climate change,” said Merrill Lynch managing director & global head of carbon emissions, Abyd Karmali. “Importantly it has also promoted continuous improvement in corporate reporting on carbon emissions which has been valuable to Merrill Lynch in developing new carbon-related investment products. For example, CDP data were instrumental for Merrill Lynch in launching our Capital Protected Carbon Leaders Europe Index Certificate in 2007.”
Read about CDP’s last report.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs