Merrill Lynch Partners With Carbon Disclosure Project
Merrill Lynch’s global reach will be used to consolidate CDP operations in current regions, such as the USA and the UK, and in launching in new regions such as China and Korea. The goal is to accelerate the collection and disclosure of corporate climate change data from more companies.
“CDP has been instrumental in creating a constructive dialogue between companies and the financial markets on new opportunities and risks posed by climate change,” said Merrill Lynch managing director & global head of carbon emissions, Abyd Karmali. “Importantly it has also promoted continuous improvement in corporate reporting on carbon emissions which has been valuable to Merrill Lynch in developing new carbon-related investment products. For example, CDP data were instrumental for Merrill Lynch in launching our Capital Protected Carbon Leaders Europe Index Certificate in 2007.”
Read about CDP’s last report.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- LAX Commissions New $438M Central Utilities Plant
- International Paper Receives Trucked Compressed Natural Gas
- Housing Authority Signs ESPC with Ameresco
- Solar Installed at USDA Buildings
- Eaton Supports 6.3 MW Hospital Solar Installation in New Jersey
- UK Grocery Store Chain Gives Refrigerators an Energy Savings Turbo Boost
- ATG Designs 120-watt LED Fixture for Gas Station Canopies
- Schneider Electric Launches PowerLogic PM8000 Line of Meters