Travelers Commercial Property Adds Green Coverage
Travelers Commercial Property Division has launched an endorsement, Green Building Coverage Enhancements, to its standard Deluxe Property Coverage for mid-sized businesses.
The endorsement promotes the use of environmentally friendly building materials as replacement components following a covered cause or type of loss. Travelers’ Deluxe Property forms are amended to provide the following additional coverages: increased green building alternatives cost, green buildings reengineering and recertification expense , vegetative roofs, and an increased period of restoration for green building alternatives.
Fireman’s Fund and Lexington Insurance, a member company of AIG, recently launched green insurance programs aimed at consumers.
An October, 2007 report from Ceres found that over 400 new insurance initiatives, including ‘green’ building credits, drought-protection in developing countries and incentives for investing in renewable energy and carbon emissions trading, are being offered by FIs to tackle climate change.
Energy Manager News
- Dissecting the Data Revolution
- Energy Star Recognizes 16 GM Facilities
- CCI Group Awarded Contract for Anniston Army Depot
- Under Hawaiian Electric’s New TOU Pilot Plan, Time Is Money
- SCE&G Retail Rate Adjustment Will Be Close to Break-Even for Customers
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy