Travelers Commercial Property Adds Green Coverage
Travelers Commercial Property Division has launched an endorsement, Green Building Coverage Enhancements, to its standard Deluxe Property Coverage for mid-sized businesses.
The endorsement promotes the use of environmentally friendly building materials as replacement components following a covered cause or type of loss. Travelers’ Deluxe Property forms are amended to provide the following additional coverages: increased green building alternatives cost, green buildings reengineering and recertification expense , vegetative roofs, and an increased period of restoration for green building alternatives.
Fireman’s Fund and Lexington Insurance, a member company of AIG, recently launched green insurance programs aimed at consumers.
An October, 2007 report from Ceres found that over 400 new insurance initiatives, including ‘green’ building credits, drought-protection in developing countries and incentives for investing in renewable energy and carbon emissions trading, are being offered by FIs to tackle climate change.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend