Travelers Commercial Property Adds Green Coverage
Travelers Commercial Property Division has launched an endorsement, Green Building Coverage Enhancements, to its standard Deluxe Property Coverage for mid-sized businesses.
The endorsement promotes the use of environmentally friendly building materials as replacement components following a covered cause or type of loss. Travelers’ Deluxe Property forms are amended to provide the following additional coverages: increased green building alternatives cost, green buildings reengineering and recertification expense , vegetative roofs, and an increased period of restoration for green building alternatives.
Fireman’s Fund and Lexington Insurance, a member company of AIG, recently launched green insurance programs aimed at consumers.
An October, 2007 report from Ceres found that over 400 new insurance initiatives, including ‘green’ building credits, drought-protection in developing countries and incentives for investing in renewable energy and carbon emissions trading, are being offered by FIs to tackle climate change.
Energy Manager News
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures