Travelers Commercial Property Adds Green Coverage
Travelers Commercial Property Division has launched an endorsement, Green Building Coverage Enhancements, to its standard Deluxe Property Coverage for mid-sized businesses.
The endorsement promotes the use of environmentally friendly building materials as replacement components following a covered cause or type of loss. Travelers’ Deluxe Property forms are amended to provide the following additional coverages: increased green building alternatives cost, green buildings reengineering and recertification expense , vegetative roofs, and an increased period of restoration for green building alternatives.
Fireman’s Fund and Lexington Insurance, a member company of AIG, recently launched green insurance programs aimed at consumers.
An October, 2007 report from Ceres found that over 400 new insurance initiatives, including ‘green’ building credits, drought-protection in developing countries and incentives for investing in renewable energy and carbon emissions trading, are being offered by FIs to tackle climate change.
Energy Manager News
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Feb. 5
- At QER Roundtable, EPSA Recommends Competitive Pricing Improvements
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Court’s Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate
- FIU Again Tops in Energy Efficiency