Applied Materials’ Green Sales Triple To $122 Million
While Applied Materials’ chip-equipment-making business has struggled, according to MarketWatch, net sales for its energy and environment solutions group more than tripled on year to $122 million in the company’s fiscal first quarter, even as the chip-equipment maker reported a 35 percent drop in profit due to the overall weakness in the semiconductor industry.
Earlier this month, the company said it had signed agreements worth $1.9 billion to install equipment for “multiple solar factories” for an unnamed private corporation based outside the U.S. A Citigroup analyst speculated that it is part of a major project in Suzhou, China.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales
- Minnesota Commerce Department Challenges Otter Tail Power Rate Hike
- An Interesting Summer for PACE